Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Phone & Modem Problem

• 15-06-2010 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Switched to UPC for phone / broadband / TV just over a week ago.
    Have found that the modem goes off line at different times during the day / night leaving no phone or broadband service. This is only noticed when we go to use either service. Have had very little joy with UPC Customer Service and I was wondering if anyone knew if you can cancel the contract completely on the grounds that the service is not being supplied or am I stuck with them? (would now prefer to go back to Sky / Eircom even though more expensive)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

The contract you signed with them specifically states that they are under no obligation to provide a stable service.

The issue is the same that I and many other are also experiencing.

When UPC gets it right, the broadband is superb. But, if something goes wrong, it takes them years to fix it (Literally in my case).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pork pie

appears that I am one of the many unlucky UPC Customers then.
    Have spent countless hours over the past 4/5 days trying to get through to their customer service dept. I honestly didn't think any company would still operate in this way given the current financial climate - how naive I am. Am now trying to get out of contact / get issue resolved via comreg who seem quite helpful. will post outcome for anyone who is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

pork pie wrote: »
    appears that I am one of the many unlucky UPC Customers then.
    Have spent countless hours over the past 4/5 days trying to get through to their customer service dept. I honestly didn't think any company would still operate in this way given the current financial climate - how naive I am. Am now trying to get out of contact / get issue resolved via comreg who seem quite helpful. will post outcome for anyone who is interested.

Ask to speak to a Team Lead. Or, tell them you were already speaking to 2nd level and they asked you to call back, and so they should put you straight through to them.

One thing to note...the 'Customer Service Reps' that you speak to when you first call are not technical and have limited access to tools/systems. They are basically receptionists whose job is get a rough idea what the issue is and then transfer you to the correct dept. Your goal should be to bypass them as quickly as possible because they are practically useless (albeit friendly & decent people).

Advertisement