Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a pet passport between UK/Eire?

Options
  • 15-06-2010 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I am interested in taking my dog to the UK on the ferry (Cork to Swansea) over Christmas. The info on defra and the relevant irish websites seems kind of vague - namely saying a passport is not required but then they go on to say that you should have the passport 'just in case you are asked to produce it'. :confused:

Do I need to get her a pet passport? Or is it sufficient to have a vet's certificate confirming good health? Do I need a certificate at all? Citizens information says that there are "no restrictions" on pet travel between the UK and Ireland.

We brought her into Ireland 4 years ago from South Africa and she did the 6 months quarantine then, but we never got around to getting the passport.

Should I risk travel without the passport? Or should I just go and get it?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You don't need anything at all. the UK and Ireland has always been restriction free with regards to pet movement.

From the DEFRA website ...
    There are no requirements for pets travelling directly between the UK and the Republic of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

You do not need any paperwprk to travel from Ireland to the UK at all.:)

Advertisement