Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat rental in Dalkey

Options
  • 15-06-2010 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Anybody know if they guys in dalkey are still renting boats? If so how much are they? Have you a telephone number for them?

Said I'd bring a friend out but haven't been out that way in years!

Cheers
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Meant to post something like this aswell. Looking to rent a boat for a few hours somewhere in Dublin. Just a small boat like a lake boat. What the going rates up here?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

Its €30 per hour from Monica im not sure how much Christy's boats are to rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Jesus 30 quid, I remember when it was £7.50! last time I was out it was 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

I think it's €20 an hour off christy if you have rods, otherwise he assumes you'll be burning petrol & charge €40. Those were the prices last year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bang2

whitesands wrote: »
    I think it's €20 an hour off christy if you have rods, otherwise he assumes you'll be burning petrol & charge €40. Those were the prices last year anyway.

Still €20 for fishing,

• Advertisement

Thats a lot. I remember renting a boat in Lough Ennel, Lilliput side. Paid 25 quid for 3 until 8. That was 3 year ago but 40 or even 20 per hour is a bit mad.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Somehow I get the feeling that anglers rent on Ennell, but every Tom, Dick and Harry that every wrecked a boat probably turns up at Dalkey!

coolwings wrote: »
    Somehow I get the feeling that anglers rent on Ennell, but every Tom, Dick and Harry that every wrecked a boat probably turns up at Dalkey!

Your probably right Coolwings. Although a few lads i knew in school rent them and they dont fish, just act the cnut. Rent 2 or 3 boats and 'race' etc. However im not sure if he charges the same to them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Shane101

Didn't want to start a new thread was just wondering what would be the max number of people you could get on a bullock boat and fish comfortably? And it is 20 euro an hour yeah? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

Sorry lads i was out yesterday its actually 20 an hour.

Shane there was 5 of us in the boat yesteray. could have easily fitted two more but it wouldnt be good idea as lines getting tangled and that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Shane101

Peteemax wrote: »
    Sorry lads i was out yesterday its actually 20 an hour.

Shane there was 5 of us in the boat yesteray. could have easily fitted two more but it wouldnt be good idea as lines getting tangled and that.
    That perfect thanks a million.

Advertisement