Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Customised Name's on Frames

• 15-06-2010 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

I got my name decal'ed up for my e-bay frame from a local printer, and by local I mean in Dublin not the ebay types ( I am a printer by trade and my wife is involved in display so we have contacts) and some for some other guys. I was pretty happy with the results but was asked last night to get some more done.
    So I decided to see if anyone here was interested in getting some done while I am at it. Get some sort of group buy up and running.
    What I got last time for mine was simply the Tri-colour and my name.
    Anyone interested just shout...
    I will be talking to the printer later to-day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Would all the stickers have your name on them or can they say something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I would imagine they can say whatever you want. 'I love Cake' 'I hate vuzuvella's' ..or whatever....But if enough people want them we may need to stick to a template. Again I wont know for sure till I speak to the printer and get numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Count me in. Got a sample?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

count me in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Why not get some sort of Boards Cycling sticker made up in bulk for those that dont have boards kit. Boards Sticker Sightings thread alongside Jersey Sightings thread :D

• Advertisement

Sample:
    What I originally got done was this 'FLAG NAME'

I was going to change to
    flag first name
    SURNAME

Will try and dig out a pic of what I mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Count me in bcmf. Did RobFowl have his name on his frame with a tricolour, is it something similar?

Can you make them small, I would like a small one so it's not overly obvious.

Now just need to decide if boards username or real name is the way to go. Boards too naff?

Dirk. I supplied the one Rob Fowl had. I will post a pic of mine now in a moment.
    I agree perhaps they were a little too big hence why I am thinking of a different style as mentioned above.
    Computer is having an off day so give me a few mins to try and post the pic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Count me in bcmf. Did RobFowl have his name on his frame with a tricolour, is it something similar?

Can you make them small, I would like a small one so it's not overly obvious.

Now just need to decide if boards username or real name is the way to go. Boards too naff?

I did will take a pic and post it up in a few mins (good bike in work today as have a longish lunch-time commute)

Mine without flag.

If anyone can find an image of the other style ie with first name on top and surname on bottom will they post it up as my pc is going as slow as I do up hills ie painfully slow. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭austinbyrne21

Count me in. I presume colour's not an issue. It's just that the white one in the pic wouldn't be very noticeable on my white bike. But a nice black or red or something.

Count me in. I presume colour's not an issue. It's just that the white one in the pic wouldn't be very noticeable on my white bike.

Oooh, you could make it react with a UV lamp, possible security feature if it gets nicked?? :D

Oooh, you could make it react with a UV lamp, possible security feature if it gets nicked?? :D
    Ahhh Jesus will ya stop putting idea's into people's heads

bcmf wrote: »
    Ahhh Jesus will ya stop putting idea's into people's heads

Ok ok, I'll stop. Flag, Name, vuvuzela to warn pedestrians...that's it!

Count me in. I presume colour's not an issue. It's just that the white one in the pic wouldn't be very noticeable on my white bike. But a nice black or red or something.

The one s I got done were cut out of white vinyl which obviously wont be suitable to Euro standard white frames.
    I will pick the printers brains in a few mins.

Loving it. I could do up the shed like a rave nation-type disco with uv lights all 'round the place. Now, that's pimped!:D For handiness (and boring plain 'ol) sake, reckon it's black or red for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RoubX

I'd be on if the name was black, I'd love the flag too.
    I'd get two white ones with flags as gifts if the price wasn't massive.

Loving it. I could do up the shed like a rave nation-type disco with uv lights all 'round the place. Now, that's pimped!:D For handiness (and boring plain 'ol) sake, reckon it's black or red for me though.

pimp_my_ride_logo.jpg

Tom is normally good at knocking up photoshops and stuff, maybe ask (nicely once for tom) if he could do a mock up?

Right just off the fone from the printer. Basically he said that he can print on anything ie cut out white vinyl-Black Vinyl etc as long as he has it in stock.
    So we need to decide on design...lettering etc.

pimp_my_ride_logo.jpg

Tom is normally good at knocking up photoshops and stuff, maybe ask (nicely once for tom) if he could do a mock up?

Good idea. If we can get Tom to knock up a sample I can e-mail to John (the printer) to make there will be no problems with a list of who wants what colours etc. I think for simplicity just keep it to one design. He didnt mention costs but I dont think it will be too expensive. Gonna set up a post that folks can copy and paste and add their names and how many they want. Lets not get into details of colour until we get a sample of some sort done.

Maybe a generic run of Boards 410??????

• Advertisement

Just copy and paste and add your name and choice of colour.

bcmf x 2 white * depending on style

DirkVoodoo x 1 silver/white * depending on style

austinbyrne21 x 2 black

I presume that's what you meant with copy and paste...

SILVER....WTF. There is no way I am ringing him and asking him does he do silver vinyl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

austinbyrne21 x 2 black
    short circuit x 2 white * depending on style * Can we have them for end June?

Damn, silver would go with both my bikes, they both have silver lettering. Don't worry, white is just as good, maybe I could attack it with silver glitter pen afterwards?

Where is Tom? Get cracking on them designs. I had a good website a while ago that had a great selection of fonts, I don't like the "handwriting" style myself, but I'll go with whatever is decided don't worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

SILVER....WTF. There is no way I am ringing him and asking him does he do silver vinyl

Silver is one of the most commonly used vinyls, I'd be surprised if they didn't have it.

@ short circuit; The printer said that he could nearly print them there and then. Its kinda up to us to get it sorted. I would be hopingto have them for Tour of Louth

@Dirk; he may be able to use different fonts for different names as each one will have to be printed seperatley
    If we are gonna go with the style that is not in the pic I posted then I would imagine it would have to be kept to a fairly 'clean' font. I can discuss this when we decide on a design.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Silver is one of the most commonly used vinyls, I'd be surprised if they didn't have it.
    Stop encouraging him......

• Advertisement

Just looking at the copy and paste.
    when you post ... x1 this means you will only get 1 sticker.Only enough for 1 side of the bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I'd like to add my name for this.

Jawgap wrote: »
    I'd like to add my name for this.
    then copy and paste and add your name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭damo80

how about a simple font like this......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

This is my one after 2 months use in all conditions etc.

30483_401040088316_560318316_4414317_3589138_n.jpg

austinbyrne21 x 2 black
    short circuit x 2 white * depending on style *
    JawGap x 2 yellow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I would like to be able to do this but i fear the print may be worth more than my bike:D

Guys for the min all I need is numbers. We can get down to the scary details later when we have a design and font proofed and more importantly an ok from the printer that he can match fonts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

I got mine from some american site for only a few dollars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

These things should only cost a few euro each. Best way to do it is to provide a vector file for the printer - then he doesn't need to worry about matching fonts etc... It also means that the individuals can have any font they want (once the boards designer has it) & approve it before sending it off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

..........btw - how much will they weigh????:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭SACH Central

Guys for the min all I need is numbers. We can get down to the scary details later when we have a design and font proofed and more importantly an ok from the printer that he can match fonts etc.

Hi bcmf, put me down for 4. Just to clarify - I want to put 1 sticker on either side of 2 bikes.

Thanks.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    These things should only cost a few euro each. Best way to do it is to provide a vector file for the printer - then he doesn't need to worry about matching fonts etc... It also means that the individuals can have any font they want (once the boards designer has it) & approve it before sending it off...
    Thanks Bluefoam. I will put it to the printer and see what way he wants to run with it.

austinbyrne21 x 2 black

SACH CENTRAL x4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭hynesie

pimp_my_ride_logo.jpg
    Lets not forget the German spin-off:
    0,1020,498920,00.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭damo80

austinbyrne21 x 2 black

SACH CENTRAL x4

damo80 x 2 white * depending on style

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RoubX

austinbyrne21 x 2 black

SACH CENTRAL x4

RoubX x 1 Black
    RoubX x 2 White

What about payment and postage? How is that handled?

RoubX wrote: »

austinbyrne21 x 2 black

SACH CENTRAL x4

RoubX x 1 Black
    RoubX x 2 White

What about payment and postage? How is that handled?
    Not sure yet. Prob for those who cant pick up in person PayPal and post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Hey could I sign up for that still or too late ?

still loads of time omri

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

Originally Posted by RoubX viewpost.gif

austinbyrne21 x 2 black

SACH CENTRAL x4

RoubX x 1 Black
    RoubX x 2 White