Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Customised Name's on Frames

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Velo Bro wrote: »
    Hey BCMF

Ok here’s my order!!! I want a raised font for the tactile effect but done in a hologram style changing from my real name to my boards name depending on which angle it’s being viewed. I’d appreciate numerous samples in various colours so that I can choose the two I really want…… Oh!! And my picture in the centre of the Ireland flag that would be cooooool!!:rolleyes:

Only kidding I know it’s a personal thing and people are all different but might be an idea to chat with the printer and at least then we can see what they can do, or not do.

Cheers though for pulling it together, bet your sorry ye started?:confused:

Velo Bro!

Same here only an extra one in a gold effect with small diamonds in the lettering. And no more than 50c either (will you pay postage?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I am going to email PDF 2 to him and ask him to up a PDF proof for me.
    1 as is and 1 in Italics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Here's what trek offer on their custom bikes:
    117338.jpg

here's a suggestion from me:
    117337.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭Kebel

bcmf,

I had indicated a pref for silver, but white will be good too (amended spreadsheet to reflect this) - also looking for some in black too, as detailed in spreadsheet - not overly worried about font - anything straight forward will be grand – thanks, appreciate you work

Kebel

No problem kebel. I dont see silver being a problem. If we can agree on block style font we can pro get down to a small and neat size. getting anything fancy makes getting to a small size tricky.
    The spreadsheet is essential as I will forward it onto the printer

Any movement on this?

Sorry folks didn't get a chance to chase it up. Will chase it up first thing Mon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I tried to access the google docs, but it said I needed to request access, email sent through google, hopefully I am not too late for this, thanks.

DirkVoodoo x 1 silver/white * depending on style

austinbyrne21 x 2 black

Must have been updating at the same time

short circuit x 2 white * depending on style *

SACH CENTRAL x4

damo80 x 2 white * depending on style

RoubX x 1 Black
    RoubX x 2 White

garmin guy by 2 black , 2 white

Super Freak 4* White,

morninwood 2* black

Velo Bro! x 2 Black

CycleGal x 2 White

Padlad x2 white

ballyharpat x2 white x4 black

I tried to access the google docs, but it said I needed to request access, email sent through google, hopefully I am not too late for this, thanks.

Doc was in my account. Google were giving me an error too but it seems to be back now

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9kjEwXA_hedFFzaVUwRmk1SWRSZGtLY0hGU294MEE&hl=en

• Advertisement

As Ryaner said we are using the speadsheet he set up.
    Ballyharpet ; not too late. Didn't have a chance to chase the proof this week. So still no further on then this day last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭sgriffin

Hey bcmf Anything happening with this ? Great idea Thanks for putting the time and effort into it.

Shane.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RoubX

I saw there was no movement on this and forgot about it, but picked it up today and ordered from these guys because I saw a recommendation on a US board. They could be rubbish, who knows? but it was only $5.50 so no big loss.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Name-Bike-Decals-/360265477414?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories#ht_500wt_928

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

*fret cut* Vinyl is a better job. You probably wont get your flags or fancy graphics. But its more suitable:

http://en.stickair.com/index.asp?xtor=SEC-442

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Vinyl is a better job. You probably wont get your flags or fancy graphics. But its nore suitable:

http://en.stickair.com/index.asp?xtor=SEC-442

They are vinyl :D

If VCG is good enough for the likes of Columbia-Highroad, Slipstream Sports, TREK, etc they're definitly good enough for me. I've had one of their stickers on one of my bikes for two years at this stage with all that comes with it, wet rides, transport on the roof rack in all conditions, washes with muck off etc and never peeled off or faded.

Good stuff really - will be a LONG time before I wear though the rest of the pack of 10 that's for sure!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

CheGuedara wrote: »
    They are vinyl :D

If VCG is good enough for the likes of Columbia-Highroad, Slipstream Sports, TREK, etc they're definitly good enough for me. I've had one of their stickers on one of my bikes for two years at this stage with all that comes with it, wet rides, transport on the roof rack in all conditions, washes with muck off etc and never peeled off or faded.

Good stuff really - will be a LONG time before I wear though the rest of the pack of 10 that's for sure!!
    Che How long does it take as I cant see it on the website

How long to get to Ireland? - I'd guess maybe two weeks between ordering and them arriving in the post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Updated the SS. Could not get access to it last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

did anyone get these stickers with a tricolour and their name ??? how does it look??

did anyone get these stickers with a tricolour and their name ??? how does it look??

If you mean the ones I linked to they look very well, the graphics & quality are exemplary - wouldn't hesitate recommending them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

CheGuedara wrote: »
    If you mean the ones I linked to they look very well, the graphics & quality are exemplary - wouldn't hesitate recommending them

worth 27 dollars ????? seems a lot for a novelty sticker??

Depending on what type you buy you get 6-10 and given that one has lasted me 2 years so far that means ASAOK you could get 12-20 years+ for your €20. I'm pretty cool with that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

22032010014.jpg

VCG :cool:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RoubX

The eBay decals are vinyl too. They claim 5-7 years so I'll post again in 2015 to let you know how they're doing (if they turn up in the first place);)

I saw the ones with the flag, and went to the site, but I couldn't see an option to change the font. Did you guys get that option?

• Advertisement
Advertisement