Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DUBLIN CYCLE WEEK EVENTS

• 15-06-2010 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hey folks.

I've found the cycle website a bit pants in terms of telling people whats going on in dublin. If you select to show events by date, then it doesn't make clear where they're taking place, and if you select by county/location, its really unclear as to what dates they're taking both.

So - lets have a thread here where we post events related to cycle week that are located in Dublin.

As far as I can work out, the next event is the cycle chic fashion show being held tommorow -
    http://bikeweek.ie/dublin-cycle-chic-fashion-show

Anyone else know what events are on the horizon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There's a whole load of stuff on in the Phoenix Park this Sunday. The park is closed to traffic for the best part of the morning and afternoon, there's bike polo, slow bike races, BMX stuff and all sorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

ThisRegard wrote: »
    There's a whole load of stuff on in the Phoenix Park this Sunday. The park is closed to traffic for the best part of the morning and afternoon, there's bike polo, slow bike races, BMX stuff and all sorts.

oxymoron ? or track sprinting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ha Ha ! I'm guessing it's like the messing around you did as kids, last one to the finish line on a bike without actually stopping wins, no feet down or track standing allowed.

I would have won if it was last night when cycling home after my running/sprinting session in the park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

I found a useful list, at last, but don't know how complete it is

http://bikeweek.ie/all-events-2010

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭buffalo

Had the same problem with the site, that's a much nicer list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

The ones catching my eye are:
    • The Dreams on Wheels exhibition, running in the lobby of the Civic Offices on Wood Quay all week. Free.
    • The Cycle Chic fashion show, on Wednesday evening. Tickets are like hen's teeth, I believe.
    • The Cycle To Work Day and Grand Canal Square Cycle Jam on Friday. I think this is the replacement event for the City Cycle which, as pointed out by monument elsewhere, isn't happening this year. Free food, music, no registration required.
    • The Temple Bar crit.
    • The Pedal In The Park in the Phoenix Park on Sunday. I was at the Family Fun Day last year and it was great fun altogether. Wear your county colours!
    (Agreed on the site layout, btw.)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dubl

really enjoyed yesterday BMX show in phoenix park. uploaded few pics on flickr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Care to share them?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dubl

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Care to share them?

Sure! It's a mixture of Dublin Bike week stuff and BMX show

http://www3.flickr.com/photos/10568962@N05/sets/72157624195552485/show/

• Advertisement
Advertisement