Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long will Roast Veg last?

Options
  • 15-06-2010 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question..

I made a big batch of oven roast vegetables on Sunday and topped them with cheese. There were some leftovers which I put into a bowl, covered with tin foil and put in the fridge.

Just wondering if this will be safe to eat for dinner this evening and if so how will I re-heat it without a microwave?

The dish consisted of -
    Garlic
    Onion
    Peppers
    Courgette
    Sweet Potatoes
    Baby potatoes
    Carrotts

Topped with cheese, soy sauce, honey and loads of spices.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

They'll be fine. I usually heat this sort of thing in the oven at 180 degrees for 20-30 minutes in a dish covered with tinfoil so it won't dry out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

They'll be fine. I usually heat this sort of thing in the oven at 180 degrees for 20-30 minutes in a dish covered with tinfoil so it won't dry out.

Thanks Dizzy.

Does it lose nutrional value being left for 2 days and re-heated?
    It was delicious on Sunday night and I'm hoping it tastes as good tonight!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Beetlebum wrote: »
    Does it lose nutrional value being left for 2 days and re-heated?

I wouldn't think so. It does indeed sound delicious - enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If they hadn't have been covered in cheese I would have recommended you try something similar to this.

As DB said, they should be fine as they were properly stored.

Advertisement