Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Osteopathy courses

Options
  • 15-06-2010 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi. Anyone have any thoughts on the new Osteopathy course being run by the National Training Center in Dublin? In particular the 3 year option. Its starting this September. Very interested and would love to do it but finding it difficult to gauge the credibility!

:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭IPNA

I have been under the care of Osteopathic Doctors and Chiropractors. It is definitely a needed speciality. I am happy to hear that it is starting here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

@ IPNA

You seem to have a lot of experience of the US medical system. Just be aware that in the US DO schools are full medical schools and there are DOs practising across all areas of medicine there. Osteopathy in Ireland is not the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭IPNA

You are right there. I have had treatments from a DO in the states as well as an osteopath here in Kerry. I found both excellent practitioners and both knowledgeable and effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 palester

I would be v interested in this course. Have you made a decision on it Miniminx? I'm afraid to commit to it because of the cost and I'm not convinced it'd comparable to the UK degrees which are 4 years full time....
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement