Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco tramore Petrol Station now Open

Options
  • 15-06-2010 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Tesco tramore Petrol Station is now open It just Opened yesturday And here are the Petrol and Diesel prices..
    Petrol: 127.9c
    Diesel: 116.9c

Overall the prices are Good And are quite cheap. Cheaper then most petrol stations anyway. And also the Bank of ireland has moved up to the New summerhill centre And it just opened yesturday aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Yeah i saw that 2 days ago and the diesel is fair cheap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Delighted to hear , good hours too 6am-midnight, finally a bit of competition should help to keep a few more jobs in the town,
    a town of 10,000 residents needs more than one rip off service station

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Thrilled to see it open at last and so close to home:D. Was heartily sick of feeling ripped off by other petrol stations that shall remain nameless. So much so that nearly always got petrol at Tesco Ardkeen. Was up there yesterday eve, very pleasant staff:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Beanies girl

why bother letting them remain nameless the one man owns both but anyway if thats the way its to be.

I see that on sunday the other garage brought theirs down below the tesco price, personally i couldnt give a monkeys what they bring it down too they ripped us off for so long i will be sticking to tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

I spotted the price drop in the other filling stations today , kinda bugged me after years of high prices, shouldnt bother me though coz I didn't go in and have no plans ever to go in

• Advertisement

I know but it is still annoying, why couldnt they have looked after us when we were their customers and we would have stayed loyal.

why bother letting them remain nameless the one man owns both but anyway if thats the way its to be.

They remain nameless because everyone one around here knows them and knows the man who owns them ie no need to name them:D. Well at last theres a bit of competition for him, I'd say he'll feel it . And as for dropping his prices now? Too little, too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 very good girl

no one knows what they talking about

how so??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

how so??

Its all an illusion :p

• Advertisement

lol:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Great addition to Tramore, drove down petrol prices and its late opening with a shop is badly needed in that area. Keep them prices down!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Miss Dymph

I think it says alot for our 'little' tramore (not so little anymore) that we're finally considered large enough to have names like Boots,Mulligans, Xtravision, Tesco, Super Valu in it. Bigger names means bigger competition which is all good for us! Tramore petrol in Tesco is even cheaper than in the Waterford City Tesco branch. I'm presuming its an introductory offer to earn some customers but its nice to know they're willing to earn our favour and our custom and not rip us off by just assuming we'l transfer our business there. It's also quite handy to have Tramore Medical Centre (ie: the doctors surgery from Main St has moved to Summerhill beside Tesco), good parking and conveniently located! It's nice to see Tramore evolving and changing for the better especially in times when most places are taking a back seat as regards production and enterprise

United Colours of Benetton clothes shop has also opened up in Tramore, adding to the additional big names. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Miss Dymph

Definitely a pity the snooker club had to close but we have new shops and businesses opening all the time, Contours Express, bookshops, GAA gear suppliers, beauticians and a brand spanking new yummy cake shop beside the post office! Tramore is definitely on the up and up!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

yeah definetly makes a change to all the hairdressers and auctioneers that took over the place lol! Now all we need is a few more shops to open up in the summerhill centre and could have a proper town centre up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 caroj

Great to hear Tramore residents have a tesco garage that'll bring some competition to the town.

The last time I was in Tramore I had to get petrol and I was shocked at how expensive it was compared to garages in Dungarvan, where I usually get petrol. At the moment petrol is about €1.25/ltr here.

I saw Tesco in Clonmel last week where it was about €1.30/ltr and it's cheaper in Dungarvan than in Waterford City aswell. It was shocking that for a town as large as Tramore you'd only two garages, whereas six in Dungarvan, all competing like crazy for custom, hence the prices.

Sully wrote: »
    United Colours of Benetton clothes shop has also opened up in Tramore, adding to the additional big names. :)

Is that the shop called numbertwo??. Had a chuckle passing that today, bit of an unfortunate name:D

Advertisement