Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toe clips

• 15-06-2010 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a couple of multi sport events coming up this year and have decided I want a pair of toe clips to go on my bike. I don't want to go the SPD route as I don't want to be carrying extra shoes with me so want something that I can just slip my trail runners into when the time comes.

I've been looking at these strapless ones and the customer reviews are generally positive http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Zefal_Toe_Clips/5360043683/

Anyone got any experience with these or something similar or other recommendations ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tpedoussaut

I have the strapless version for my everyday commute. It's grand to set your foot in place on the pedal, but I don't think it provides any help in the transmission of power from your leg to the crank.
    OTOH, the strap ones are definitely helping, and as you mention it's for a race, you don't need to put the foot on the ground every 3 minutes like when commuting.
    When preparing your bike, leave the strap very open, and shackle it one you get out of the bike parking area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So with the strapless ones you're not getting any benefit from the leg on the up stroke with the strapless, but you do with the straps ? I tend to shuffle my feet around a lot when peddling anyway so I presume either type will stop that.

Advertisement