Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

every day things a challenge and nightmare

Options
  • 15-06-2010 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

PEOPLE WITH LEARNING DIFFICULTY VS THE NORMAL AVERAGE ABLE BODY INTELLECT PERSON

does leaning difficulty affect other area of people.like at collage,making fiends,relationships,passing exams,maintaining job,driving car

every day things other for granted , i make affect in bad way. i have learning difficulty and every day things like that are night for me has any other person have the same difficulty.but i find all these impossible while people who got intellect don,t have any these problem they breeze through life every thing want while the likes of me its huge thing.i hope i am not only find every things impossible.while others take for granted .while having leaning difficulty i was also bullied and told by others i wasn,t want by others,mosty guys have said to me.i also have very low self esteem because of my learning difficulty:(:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

thses are some of the things i face does any one eles:
    Anxious or nervous (this can often be well hidden – even from parents and teachers
    Low attention – easily distracted, poor concentration and often low comprehension
    Behavioural or social problems – abusive, aggressive, attention-seeking, oppositional, violent
    Bored easily lead – often says: “I don’t know what to do” or “I’m bored ”
    Daydreams, too often “in their own world” or “away with the fairies”
    Disorganised – homework, task management and completion, punctuality, low motivation
    Hard to sit still at school – including those who are hyperactive and or distractible
    Hearing problems – often have had ear infections or chronic congestion
    Performing below potential – this may not be show up as a Learning difficulty in intelligent clients
    Listening difficulty – needs repeated instructions, reinforced with visual cues, often says: “What, What?” or “Huh?”
    Maths is difficult or memory weak
    Low self confidence or self-esteem, negative attitudes, self-critical or even depression
    Overloads easily – particularly if there are many things to process; may look away when being spoken to.
    Poor posture, low muscle tone, clumsy, poor balance or coordination – inadequate gross motor development
    Poor handwriting – poor pencil grip, knitting or tying shoelaces hard – inadequate fine motor development
    Speech – unclear or delayed, stutter, poor vocabulary or language difficulty
    Reading or writing difficulty including spelling
    Slow to react or respond – this suggests processing speed may be undermining performance
    Very emotional – anger, tears, frustration, delayed emotional maturity, emotional regulation difficulties
    Fatigue, tired after school, low energy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Are you getting support from your college or school.Sometimes , things are difficult but you have to look at what you can do, not what you cant.And you CAN ask for for help.:D
    Take care,Cathy

Advertisement