Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer festivals????

• 15-06-2010 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

What do you wear to summer music festivals, if your style the rest of the year is very casual? Ive no prob doing dresses or that on ocasssions but am way more comfy in jeans and hoodies?

The style seems to be very hippish but im not sure i can pull that off?

Any ideas?

Pics would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Wear what you will be comfortable in. They are long weekends and nobody cares what they wear. It is not about fashion as such.

You could go away and spend a fortune to look like the famous hippyish stars who you see in magazines that attend these festivals, but who no doubt head back to their hotel every night. And then after the weekend you are left with all these clothes you may never wear again.

Leggings, long tops, vest tops, cardigans, shorts, wellies. Layer your clothes and hoodies for night time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Beonce

If you look at any of the festival websites, they usually have fans pictures from last year etc...you'll get a good idea of what people are wearing.

the most important thing is to be comfortable though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I lived in jeans and hoodies at Oxegen last year!

Bring a rainjacket and wellies and you're sorted.

Although if I were to do it again I think I'd wear more leggings, sleeping in jeans is NOT comfy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Wear whatever you want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

If I were you I'd do a Pennys raid if you need it! The stuff is cheap, and you could throw some stuff out! Bring a pair of wellies in case it rains, hoodies and a little mac in a sac to keep you warm and dry! As a firm believer in converse wear a pair, they are comfortable, they keep your feet (semi) dry, and they go with EVERYTHING! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Micahelxcx

Wellies and a waterproof mack and waterproof leggings. Don't worry everyone will be wearing them.
    Hoodies, jumpers, toothbrush, deodrant, loo roll.
    DONT bring jewellry, cheap watch is all you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

If it's sunny I like wearing denim shorts with skate runners like vans or converse, a long top, zip up jacket and a funky hat like this...

6a00d83548242253ef01156f49e294970c-pi

If the grass is really wet and mucky I wear my wellies!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

Wear something that you don't mind getting wrecked! Also, bring suncream. I got such a burning a few years back......

Advertisement