Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JDownloader question

• 15-06-2010 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

hi all,
    i'm downloading a file from megaupload using JDownloader and i stopped it last night (cos i didn't want to leave my laptop on overnight) but the file has now gone offline. i've found the file on another file-sharing site so is it possible to change the URL so that it will start downloading from the point i stopped it at?
    it's a big file and i'm almost 300MB through it, and it'll take ages to get up to that point again.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

whiteman19 wrote: »
    hi all,
    i'm downloading a file from megaupload using JDownloader and i stopped it last night (cos i didn't want to leave my laptop on overnight) but the file has now gone offline. i've found the file on another file-sharing site so is it possible to change the URL so that it will start downloading from the point i stopped it at?
    it's a big file and i'm almost 300MB through it, and it'll take ages to get up to that point again.

thanks
    No, if a DL stops it cant be resumed even from the same server never mind a mirror. YOU CANNOT pause dl's from megaupload

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

you can resume downloads from megaupload. i've done it plenty of times. i've stopped it using JDownloader at night and restarted it the next morning and the files be grand.
    Can I resume my downloads?
    Yes, we support standard HTTP download resuming even if you don't have a premium account, which is compatible with all third-party download managers. However, we recommend that you use Mega Manager instead to take full advantage of its Megaupload-specific features, such as pre-download file status checking and unattended batch downloading of link lists, including folder links.

and you can do it from the mirror site i've located the file on as well. there's loads of sites that allow resumable downloads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

whiteman19 wrote: »
    you can resume downloads from megaupload. i've done it plenty of times. i've stopped it using JDownloader at night and restarted it the next morning and the files be grand.

and you can do it from the mirror site i've located the file on as well. there's loads of sites that allow resumable downloads.
    Never worked for me on mega upload

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

asked on the jDownloader forum, but there's no feature about resuming downloads from a mirror as of yet.
    Teutorix, you should go there and ask about not being able to resume dl's. they might be able to help. Forum link

Advertisement