Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nicest apartments in waterford

• 15-06-2010 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭

where in the city are the nicest apartments, had a look at one in the infirmary, it was very nice, want to look at others though

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

From what I've seen/heard the Glencove apartments on the Dunmore road are pretty nice.. seems to be a few for rent on daft too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Yeah the Glencove ones have been praised a lot. Located close to the hospital, they thought they'd easily fill them with doctors. They were wrong. While not on the cheap side, they're certainly now affordable but they're too far out for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

rayc wrote: »
    From what I've seen/heard the Glencove apartments on the Dunmore road are pretty nice.. seems to be a few for rent on daft too.

Are they the ones with a place for tying up a boat? Save the hassle of the morning rush hour and sail into work :)

dayshah wrote: »
    Are they the ones with a place for tying up a boat? Save the hassle of the morning rush hour and sail into work :)

Ya, the entrance is behind/beside the cove bar. Don't think I'd save much time trying to 'sail' one of those old peddle boats from Tramore up the river, as thats about all I could afford in a boat :-)

rayc wrote: »
    Ya, the entrance is behind/beside the cove bar. Don't think I'd save much time trying to 'sail' one of those old peddle boats from Tramore up the river, as thats about all I could afford in a boat :-)

You'd be surprised, a 2nd hand boat is a lot cheaper than a car. If you have a car you can sell it, and get a place to park at the marina in town. It would be handy if you worked near the quay.

Imagine impressing the ladies by offering them a lift home in your boat. :)

• Advertisement

You'd be surprised, a 2nd hand boat is a lot cheaper than a car. If you have a car you can sell it, and get a place to park at the marina in town. It would be handy if you worked near the quay.

Imagine impressing the ladies by offering them a lift home in your boat. :)

I'm on a boat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

a friend of mine was renting an apartment above the fitzwilton hotel on mary street by the bridge and it really was some gaff. Private balcony with jacuzzi and all! It was a bit pricey but they argued the price down a bit

a friend of mine was renting an apartment above the fitzwilton hotel on mary street by the bridge and it really was some gaff. Private balcony with jacuzzi and all! It was a bit pricey but they argued the price down a bit

Has the traffic situation improved there now with the new bridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Has the traffic situation improved there now with the new bridge?

apart from rush hour the traffic down there isn't too bad really...you can avoid the quay if you really want to anyway.

Advertisement