Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 2 OL - Aftermath

• 15-06-2010 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Didn't bother to study since it's worth barely anything! How did ye find it?

I left after an hour, and I wasn't the first to leave! How bout you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

aye, left at around 10:30 couldn't answer the 25 marker on the young wife:o wrote around half a page for the clare sa speir question

for the poetry I just quoted the poem for the answers and again i basically just quoted gealt throughout my answer :rolleyes:

Hopefully a C anyway :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Did the poetry questions change or something with the (a)(b)(c)(d), never seen them before. I done 4 and a half pages with plenty of white space and fcukin' loads of quotes. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

Yeah I left after an hour too and two had already left before me.

Managed to answer everything, wrote a few pages in total so I think I did enough to pass.

I'm not counting Irish anyway so it's not important really.

Was it just me or were those poems the same as last years....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Left at 10, did sfa

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

left in record time!:) poor daddy was having his porrige when i called for a lift!:) Ha!:pac:

but most importantly noted..never have to do Irish again!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Stayed for an hour and wrote about a page on each poem/story. Pleased :)
    Scared myself yesterday because I wrote the letter wrong and did badly in the listening so needed to do well enough in this so I actually studied for Irish :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

Melena wrote: »

but most importantly noted..never have to do Irish again!!:D

Best line ever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

The time given in OL Irish exams in nearly an insult to all who sit it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Started laughing in the middle of the exam at the bull**** I was writing. Said I liked Clare Sa Spéir because Eoin gave Clare a tv and then they fell in love again.

What an hilarious paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭YungJoshy

Not good at all. Left at 10.20. Wrote 3 very spread out pages of absolutle bull. I wrote what I knew, not what the questions were asking me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Started laughing in the middle of the exam at the bull**** I was writing. Said I liked Clare Sa Spéir because Eoin gave Clare a tv and then they fell in love again.

Ah fúcking top stuff there! I said that too!

Is maith liom Claire Sa Speir, mar Eoin gra claire agus claire gra Eoin. Twas my opininion line:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

Almost had a party in my trousers when i opened the paper!:pac: D-lighted :D everything I studied which wasn't much came up and i wrote a solid page or more on each I even did a lil' skip sorta heel click thing on the way out!

WOHOOOO! Patriotism and all is well and good but I spent 14 painful years fighting off the urge to vomit in every Irish class and now i never have to utter another word of the bloody thing!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

i bailed the minute the clock struck ten, did SFA, and honestly, couldnt care less, NO MORE IRISH!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

Left at 10:30, still managed a total of six pages though. It was my first time doing OL poetry.. the 35mk took my surprise.. it seemed more like a comprehension then a poetry question..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Reckle

i stayed the full time but was done before the end
    it was grand tbh like
    the poetry for jack was dead easy
    the stories were alright too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

What I wrote about what I think of the man in Bhean Og, literally this and nothing more;

I like him because he is intellectual, he writes in English, works in Dublin, he doesn't like his wife being good looking because he wants a quiet wife, house and children.

:D

I look forward to that handy 2-4% I got out of OL Irish paper 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Aftermath....... as if anyone was worried about it ! :D

God bless the person who corrects mine! I've limited Irish and when I was talking about the bed scene in Cearrbhach mac Caba and couldn't think of followed so I said bas went to bed with cearrbhach! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Loved the first cearrbhach thing, wrote the entire story more or less took me two pages!!

then the one about god, i knew nothing about his actual characted so i said ard, cinnealta and then jst rabbled on bout him christenin cearrbhachs kid and the 3 wishes he gave!!

clare so speir was easy, wrote about love

the poetry, i didnt do jack coz i never studied it but holy crap one of the questions was "what does jacks dad work as?" and the farmer is in the poem... had to make sure i didnt get foundation -.-

i did faoiseamh, wrote about the images, the bitchy people, his love of the beach etc
    those a,b,c,d things were weird as hell theyve never come up before!! they were easy tho but only 2 makrs each not even half a percent!!

gealt, i never bothered to study coz its so easy, i wrote all about eagla coz "bhi eagla an domhain ar gach duine"

i have food poisoning, so im proud of myself today for going in!! i got 3/4 of a page on gealt and just had to leave i was going to get sick *-* bad times!

and i left at half 11! some people left at like half 10 i was still on clare sa speir o.o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bearcub

11.10 .had to try get marks . was a genuine possibility of failing the whole thing otherwise.

. words cannot describe being freed from the tyrannical chains of compulsory irish.

.we are free at last my brothers and sisters. well...from irish anyway

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Cipango wrote: »
    God bless the person who corrects mine! I've limited Irish and when I was talking about the bed scene in Cearrbhach mac Caba and couldn't think of followed so I said bas went to bed with cearrbhach! Lol
    i dont know the word for bottom as in bas at the bottom of the bed, so i said "bhi cearrbhach ag obair le na duine agus bhi bas ar bith" xD

Did anyone not go at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

I answered the Caerrbhac Mac Caba question. Didn't have a fcuking clue what to write about the character Dia so I wrote : Is maith liom an caractair Dia. Ta se ard. Is duine deas e. Ta alan gruaig agat.

Good job I'm not counting Irish:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

You just told your marker that he has alot of hair. He's gonna hate you.

Unless he has alot of hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

Nil aon gaielge ar bith agam!

But i still did good in what was a joke of a test :L

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

You just told your marker that he has alot of hair. He's gonna hate you.

Unless he has alot of hair.

Great.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

Everyone seems to hate Irish here :(
    I love pass Irish, nicest subject ever! Kinda sad we don't have any more Irish classes tbh :O
    I thought the paper was beautiful, and everything I thought would come up did, so I'm very happy!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dazco

Grand, real easy, left after an hour, wrote like over a page an cearrbhach mac cába but can someone just clear something up for me, was he allowed save the person if Death was at the top or the bottom of the bed, I completely forgot.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Titan9

in the question 1 when i was doing the b part i put down lig sin i gcathu instead of fiche blian ag fas. and then wrote about fiche blian. will i lose many marks?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Not to sound up myself. But who ever gets mine is gonna look at it and wonder why i was doing pass :L That exam was ridiculusly easy, really shows you the SECs frame of mind i.e 'This is Ireland if you do pass Irish you must be an r tart'

Advertisement