Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaning concrete shed

• 15-06-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

My block shed 3m*4m aprox. built on a concrete slab is now tilting quite a bit. any recommendations to straighten up? Apart from demolition. Frank

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

if one side sinking more thant the other?

you can dig down the sinking side and fill with concrete. method is called underpinnning

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭velosolex

The slab with the shed on it is leaning to one side. I think it is too late for under pining as it now looks dangerous, it needs to be raised up on the sinking side! Frank

t5he under pinning will stop it from sinking further. there is a way of jacking a building up and resupporting it. but as its only a shed i doubt you will want the vast expense of that.

post a picture and it will help explain your problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,619 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If it looks dangerous, stop messing about and get it demolished. It seems unlikely you will be able to jack it up on the sinking side enough to make it level, so you don't have a lot of choice.

jacking would not be a cost effective way of fixing this. if its too dangerous to underpin it as looksee say demolish it.

the under pining will stabilise it somewhat but jackin is not something you would do to a shed . i only said that is a method of doing it. but was not suggesting it as a viable option

• Advertisement
Advertisement