Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoldenEye Remake - Wii, online :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Goldeneye may be dated but I would never call it an unplayable mess. For shame Retro, for shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It was such an awesome game when it came out, especially the multiplayer which used to be funny as hell. Proximity mines littered all over the place used to cause random mayhem.

It's dated with those old frozen cube faces on characters and shoddy fps but it's far from unplayable. I still play this the odd time on a 64 emulator, cleans the graphics up hugely (from being a blurred mess) and the 4 player multiplayer is still great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

So....any reviews yet?

As it stands, treyarch for me has made the best FPS for Wii (Prime is still the best FPA though) so I'm getting more and more inclined to save my dough for Black Ops Wii for Xmas. Strange thing is, either way I'll be supporting Activision, where is Kirby's Yarn Nintendo????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

90 on IGN but then that doesn't mean anything.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    90 on IGN but then that doesn't mean anything.

True, even more sceptical too when IGN were given the World First Exclusive Review. Either way, gonna wait and see, that said from the promo videos Activision were trying to instil the image that Eurocom were heavily focused in developing this game. So fingers crossed, the review metascore is something along the IGN lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Framerate in the IGN review looks very choppy, distracting even, even in multiplayer and the lack of a chat function is slightly offputting as I love team based games online.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eskimoparty

Is this definately on sale friday?? What is the best way tom use it, with the controller or the nunchuck?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Use what you think is best. It's getting good but not great reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Is this definately on sale friday?? What is the best way tom use it, with the controller or the nunchuck?

Here's hoping the wiimote and nunchuck control variety is good - that's the best way to control any FPS game. Classic controller is supported though.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

video of the first 35mins of the game in HD

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=141455

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Anyone pick this up yet? Price?

From the videos I've seen so far this looks a very nice title. Love the brutality of the shock troopers that try to flush you out when you get a little too overt. Definitely going to get this sometime, prolly for Christmas. Looks a lovely re-imagining. One thing I cannot understand is why people are criticising the game for including COD like elements. It's a shooter, no harm is copying formulas from the best, that's what all good (and bad) video games do. The exaggerated stealth over the top action sequences is perfectly in keeping with the bond theme. Natalya looks real nice too.:o The only downside I can see is the lack of gadgets. MP looks alright, the lack of voice chat is annoying, but I've coped before. (Vent to the rescue hehe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Got it today (pre ordered it online) and the game great so far however when playing Multiplayer online the frame rate drops alot which is quite annoying :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

whats the framerate like during single player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭GamesDontSuck

The opening intro for GoldenEye:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ii3D69Z3x4

(mods, how do I use the youtube embedded function on here? :P )

Click on the youtube tab in the top toolbar and only insert the numerical code after ?v=

In your case

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ii3D69Z3x4

would become [*YOUTUBE]4ii3D69Z3x4[/YOUTUBE] (without the *)

and give you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭GamesDontSuck

Cheers mate :)

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    whats the framerate like during single player?

The frame rate is pretty good most of the time on single player! :) The game is defiantly a worthwhile purchase :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Is it 45 euro everywhere or are smyths and hmv doing it cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Jeepers. I was really sceptical about this game...and now I kinda want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

I got this yesterday, I even took the day off to get it early and it's deadly! Single player is great fun, I think the fact that each difficulty adds more objectives like the old game is a great idea.

Multiplayer is great craic, killing someone with oddjobs hat is great fun! If anyone is on the fence about this game I think you should get it, if you like call of duty and the original Goldeneye this is a great hybrid of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Has anyone got this on the DS.Don't have a Wii & I can't find any reviews of the DS Version.I imagine cause the DS tech is a bit like Nintendo 64 that it'd have a good version.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Fantastic game. Possibly one of my top Wii games this year.

7/10 with the Wiimote

9/10 with the controller

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

GTR63 wrote: »
    Has anyone got this on the DS.Don't have a Wii & I can't find any reviews of the DS Version.I imagine cause the DS tech is a bit like Nintendo 64 that it'd have a good version.

I dont think there is a DS version of this, AFAIK, the new DS one is a DS version of Blood Stone

[edit]
    Looks like I was wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Fantastic game. Possibly one of my top Wii games this year.

7/10 with the Wiimote

9/10 with the controller
    Thanks CG. Have been neglecting my Wii for a while, think I'll go ahead and get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

seamus wrote: »
    Thanks CG. Have been neglecting my Wii for a while, think I'll go ahead and get this.
    I was the same.
    Hadn't bought agame in around a year for my Wii.
    Then bought Goldeneye (with the awesome golden controller).
    I now wan't my life back.
    It's like being 10 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Got it today (pre ordered it online) and the game great so far however when playing Multiplayer online the frame rate drops alot which is quite annoying :confused:

Wow it's more faithful than I thought :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I too have been neglecting my Wii, but might pick this up for Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

This is definitely going on the Christmas list.

Nostalgia ftw! :)

• Advertisement

Just finished the campaign today and I loved it :D I really liked how you could chose to sneak around the level or go in a massive firefight :)

I also prefer to use the wii remote + nunchuck combo since it is faster and more accurate than using a regular classic/ gamecube controller.

Advertisement