Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoldenEye Remake - Wii, online :)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭squareboy007

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Is it 45 euro everywhere or are smyths and hmv doing it cheaper?
    got it for 39wuro in harvey norman carrickmines

44 with 10% off

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,739 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Just finished the campaign today and I loved it :D I really liked how you could chose to sneak around the level or go in a massive firefight :)

Good to know they managed to translate that from the original. Thought the game would have went a bit more scripted CoD but seems not to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Good to know they managed to translate that from the original. Thought the game would have went a bit more scripted CoD but seems not to have.

One of things that has irked me so far about some of the reviews is that they expect the a suppressed shot aimed directly at someone's head to kill them. Sniper rifle, maybe, pistol only if you are real close. Yeah, apparently all of the shooting sections that aren't on rails can be done with pure stealth. Just like Perfect Dark (except for those outlandish last few levels). I never actually got to try it for Goldeneye.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭d.lally2

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Is it 45 euro everywhere or are smyths and hmv doing it cheaper?

Currys and PC World are doing it for €45 with the official white classic controller, pretty good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I played the single player up to when Bond leaves the nightclub. Its good to hear all the old names getting thrown about like Ouromov and Xenia Onatopp!

My only criticism is that its not EXACTLY like the N64 one! Its too "advanced". Was it silly of me to expect the exact same maps, just with better graphics?? :D

I havent played the online yet. Is there a "friend code" swap thread anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,739 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It kind of needed to be a totally new game to the old one. An exact copy of Goldeneye wouldn't fly these days after the progress FPS games have made since 1997. I'm glad they went that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The DS version isn't great... need to have the guns sights up to have any hope of doing damage, otherwise, forget it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Just finished it yesterday, was a little surprised at how much I enjoyed it, I thought it would be interesting and nostalgic, but it turned out to be a very solid, enjoyable FPS. The multiplayer is great fun too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Is there much fammiliarity, with the original, in the later levels? How abut multiplayer? Does it have the Aztec level? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭GamesDontSuck

Spam

• Advertisement

I have to say I was disappointed with the lack of Boris in this!

top-10-bond-deaths-20061114034914884-000.jpg

Great game though. Multiplayer is great too, first thing you need to do though is to turn off the radar, far too easy otherwise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dónal wrote: »
    I have to say I was disappointed with the lack of Boris in this!

top-10-bond-deaths-20061114034914884-000.jpg

Great game though. Multiplayer is great too, first thing you need to do though is to turn off the radar, far too easy otherwise!

Surely the radar is disabled for online play? I always thought Boris was the guy in the trailer with the dab russian accent going "Arr you going tou keeel me?"

Advertisement