Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predicted point rises for arts?

• 15-06-2010 11:42am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 114 ✭✭

Ive arts down in manooth first choice, points was 375 last year after going up from 355

this year im lookin at around 380 - 410 points max, anyone any predictions on how high the points will go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

JK =D

I'd say about 390 would be the max it will go?..
    If it stays about there, see you in September?.

=P

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

anyone got any predictions for primary teaching either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ceol18

yeoow see you there too ahaha...i hope :/ who knows what way the points will go this year, but realistically they're not going to drastically jump up or down...you're looking at a 10-15 increase/decrease either way i'd say, if any =)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭aoife365

Arts in NUIG any one?

It went from 345 to 355!
    Good chance it will go up!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 114 ✭✭UglyFuc

according to cao

http://www2.cao.ie/dir_report/pdf/AppStats01Feb2010.pdf

there a 10 % increase in numbers. if that transfers to points rise. thats about 415 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

aoife365 wrote: »
    Arts in NUIG any one?

It went from 345 to 355!
    Good chance it will go up!
    I'm doing that too. It'll go up, but to max. 380 I'd say. You can't really predict but I'm just going for over 400 and I'm safe enough....I'd say!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

There's like, 1000 places and it's unlikely that the amount of people who have applied will get on.

Max: 380. Arts is never that high. I seriously doubt it'll break the 400 mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

UglyFuc wrote: »
    according to cao

there a 10 % increase in numbers. if that transfers to points rise. thats about 415 points

Apparently though there are also more people applying as mature students than ever before, and they're not in direct competition with us LC students, so I'd still say Arts is very unlikely to go up over the 400 mark.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

according to cao

Agreed with above on mature students, also we can't guess what points people will achieve this year, for some courses applications could increase but standards decrease, leading to a drop! Its not possible to predict points, everyone should just concentrate on doing their best and hopefully they'll be bang on track, its no use worrying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

im going for Arts in UCC - 360 last year? What do ya think it'll be this year? I desperatedly want it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It doesn't work that simply though. I would be surprised if it went that high, though it's likely to go up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Is the rise in arts specific for the art courses or all degrees in arts do ye know?

Cause Im hoping to do politics in UL which is not in there arts course but is an arts degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Arts in NUIG is going up to atleast 500!!!!:rolleyes:Haha I kid I kid..........my guess is as good as yours but I'd put a bet on that it won't break the 400 mark.Maybe around 360-390

Advertisement