Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel to New Zealand

Options
  • 15-06-2010 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Could someone please advise me about ways to get cheap flights only to New Zealand for my wife and 9 month old. I had priced these in Trail Finders but they are expensive. Also would it be wise to travel one way if i wanted to fly home from Australia and organise the flights from New Zealand myself ????

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Moved from Helpdesk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Unfortunately flights are expensive to NZ and there's not a lot you can do about it.

The best thing to do is to look out for sales and special deals. I got return flights to London from Wellington for $2000 (about €1000) and then had to buy my own flights with Aer Lingus to and from Dublin. That's the cheapest flights I've been able to get and that was with Emirates. Air NZ also have deals sometimes (they have one at the moment from Wellington to London for $1800 return but with very specific dates).

The best thing to do is to visit a number of travel agents. It's hard to book flights online to NZ because a lot of them start in London, not in Ireland and you need a travel agent to get you the extra distance.

I found Austravel very good to deal with when booking my flights out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noobsaibot21

Perhaps look at Airninja.com and see. It wont be cheap either way. Was €1,200 return when I went in 2007 (Including stops in Tokyo & Sydney). That was booked through Usit in Dublin city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Singapore airlines are cheap aswell. Just checked there, 2k nzd for london to auckland return in october this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DaveyDubh

Thanks for your help......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Remember the distance you're travelling is in effect the furthest you could possibly go from Ireland bar the South Pole or a Pacific Island so hence the high cost :)

Also something people often forget is that you'll get about 12,000 airmiles each way depending on the route you fly so thats a big chunk of miles for your frequent flyer account. If you're not a member then JOIN. Its usually free and after couple of trips you might have enough for a free sector or an upgrade!

Advertisement