Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 2... Honours

• 15-06-2010 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

I finished at 11 30, don't know how but I answered everything, wrote a page on la bui bealtaine, page on fiche bhlian ag fas, page and a half on An Triail, and 2 and a half pages on poetry all together, and a page on stair na geailge.

what i wrote seems right, according to my teacher, but finishing after 2 hours, little bit worried. It's not one of my 6, but still, worried.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I did ****. Wrote great answers on the stories and decent ones on Stair, then went hypoglycaemic (I'm diabetic), couldn't concentrate and couldn't remember anything for An Triail (1.5 pgs) or poetry (3.5 pgs total). Left at 11:50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

What poems came up? (Didn't do HL, but I used to so I'm curious)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Xevkin

I did ****. Wrote great answers on the stories and decent ones on Stair, then went hypoglycaemic (I'm diabetic), couldn't concentrate and couldn't remember anything for An Triail (1.5 pgs) or poetry (3.5 pgs total). Left at 11:50.

Jeez :/

Xevkin wrote: »
    Jeez :/
    Oh well. I wasn't counting on Irish, so it's not too bad, and I'd say I passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

Ouch... is there anything you can do in an exam situation if that happens? :(

This is just another of those examples of why one or two exams is really making a mockery of all the work people put in. You put in two years of work into something and then if you have a bad day it might mess it up!
    EuropeanSon I'm sure it won't affect you that much and I'm sure you still did great, I'm not saying it to worry you, I'm just saying it as I'm hoping the SEC might finally listen....... one day!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

Oh man, that is bad luck. Sorry to hear.

I am only going for a C though, you going for an A?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

The pass poems were as predicted - Nil aon Ni and Jack and then Faoiseamh a Gheobhasa for the compulsory.
    The honours poems were Uirchill a Chreagain and an Chead Drama. The CD question was a bit much, featured the word "allegorical"...
    The first an Triail question was pretty hard, I stared at it for a good ten minutes before I realised what it actually meant!
    And stair.... Fiannaiocht was the only thing I knew....... :P

zam wrote: »
    The pass poems were as predicted - Nil aon Ni and Jack and then Faoiseamh a Gheobhasa for the compulsory.
    The honours poems were Uirchill a Chreagain and an Chead Drama. The CD question was a bit much, featured the word "allegorical"...
    The first an Triail question was pretty hard, I stared at it for a good ten minutes before I realised what it actually meant!

I liked an Chead Drama, I said that there was a lot of imagery. The stage is life, each scene is a person's life etc. I only wrote half a page though for a, but I got the point across. Wrote a page and a half for an Triail, which I am happy about.

I wrote about Peig Sayers and Padraig Pearce. Out of my hole :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Did you not bring something to drink or eat that would help? Make sure you do from now on....
    I sound like your mother now....:p

Ashashi wrote: »
    Oh man, that is bad luck. Sorry to hear.

I am only going for a C though, you going for an A?
    No, I got a B in the mocks and was hoping for similar, but I have 5 subjects that are definitely better, and 1 other that's probably better so it's not so bad. Better it happened now than during Chemistry or Applied Maths!

• Advertisement

Ouch... is there anything you can do in an exam situation if that happens? :(

This is just another of those examples of why one or two exams is really making a mockery of all the work people put in. You put in two years of work into something and then if you have a bad day it might mess it up!
    EuropeanSon I'm sure it won't affect you that much and I'm sure you still did great, I'm not saying it to worry you, I'm just saying it as I'm hoping the SEC might finally listen....... one day!! :rolleyes:
    Don't worry on my account, I wasn't counting on Irish. I did go out and get something in the canteen, but I was out of sorts afterwards. That'll teach me to be more careful, as I said, better now than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 psycho mantis

zam wrote: »

The poems on ordinary level were Jack, Faoiseamh a Gheobhasa and then Gealt for cumpulsory :D

No, I got a B in the mocks and was hoping for similar, but I have 5 subjects that are definitely better, and 1 other that's probably better so it's not so bad. Better it happened now than during Chemistry or Applied Maths!

I got a C2, but I think my answers were better this time round, but I don't think I wrote enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Thought everything was easy apart from higher level poems. Done uircheall an chreagain, just winged my way through it!! Was hoping for an a :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 s0ur_cherry

thought it was lovely altogether bar faoiseamh a gheobhadsa... 4 years in row? bit excessive. my answer for codarsnacht in that was more or less the same as my answer for codarsnacht in nil aon ni.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ak_123

what the hell sis the first question mean on antrial on higher paper? i got coimhint as struggle locht and dualici as faults.

then cosulacht means similar and love??? the struggle is made by the faults of the people as well as love?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 cleirigh06

I wrote:
    2 pages on Clare sa speir
    1 line on Fiche Blian ag fas (lol)
    1 page and a half on stair na gaeilge
    5 pages on An Trial
    5 or 6 on An Chead Drama
    3 pages on Faoisimh
    4 on Jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Lovely paper, overall. Had to make stuff up for Stair, but sure that's always the way isn't it?

Prose was nice and I was extremely happy with the poetry section. Faoiseamh, I love you!:D

Didn't know what the first An Triail question specifically meant. I had an idea,but it was sort of awkwardly phrased and I didn't want to chance it so I did the second one. Just over a page before I ran out of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Hands up didn't do Stair na Gaelige! :D

Good riddance to the worst syllabus in history of bad syllabuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

ak_123 wrote: »
    what the hell sis the first question mean on antrial on higher paper? i got coimhint as struggle locht and dualici as faults.

then cosulacht means similar and love??? the struggle is made by the faults of the people as well as love?

i thought it was:
    the main conflicts grow from the humane(?) weakness/faults that are passed off as love?

heres the question for anyone who actually knows what it means

"fásann príomhchoimhlintí an dráma as lochtanna nó duáilcí daonna a cheltear faoi chosúlacht an ghrá"
    dean plé blah blah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vivalaspoon

ak_123 wrote: »
    what the hell sis the first question mean on antrial on higher paper?

It meant "the main conflicts in the drama come from the vices and faults that are hidden beneath the appearance of love."

Or at least that's what I thought.
    If I'm wrong then the correcter who gets my paper will be really confused...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

It wasn't that bad! I was so surprised.

I managed to do the first An Triail question, I'm pretty sure it mean that the main conflicts in the story grow through human faults in the disguise of love! Thus Maire refuses to give her child up for adoption and then they all die. Her faults (innocence and naievety) allow the conflict/problem to grow. Or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tommycarey1

I was happy overall today. Everything went well. Just one thing an triail. I did the second one on dramatic effects. I said that the effects were tragedy and the influence of the church. I linked it in really well though. Do you think that is ok, I'm just thinking about it here. A dramatic technique is a technique that creates drama in a play. Surely that would work would it? I'm paranoid here:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 OoOROiSiNOoO

handy enough paper like i took a massive risk and didn't revise Stair that came up last year, learned 2 HL poems (Chead Drama + An tOilean), 2 pros, 3 OL poems and everything I learned came up!! An Triail Q was very confusing but got 2.5 pages which is twice as much as i've ever done on that. Delighted with the paper!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Overall a nice paper I felt.

CSS questions were lovely, same with 20 bliain. Would've liked to do the wuestion about Muiris but I coudln't remember which lad was which so I had to do the other one :P
    An Trial question was great but asked in a very complex way so i'd imagine people had issues with the translation.
    Jack and Níl aon Ní were huge tips so that was great, not a fan of Faoiseamh but the questions were ok.
    Love An Chéad Drama so was delighted to see that.
    Stair sucked a bit, shocked not to see An Fhiannaíocht there.

Not certain I got an A1 on the paper but should have enough in hand from the other aspects to bring me up. Only 3 left...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 roll on summer 10!

It meant "the main conflicts in the drama come from the vices and faults that are hidden beneath the appearance of love."

Or at least that's what I thought.
    If I'm wrong then the correcter who gets my paper will be really confused...:P

No you're right that's what it means, bitch of a question! Took me a while to figure it out and i asked my teacher afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭aoife365

Omg its was crap!
    Im fluent in irish and was hoping for a A! The question on the triail was horrible!
    Eh nw im expecting a B2 or B3 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ceol18

overall it went quite well for me, great as i was the only one in my centre doing higher level so i had an hour of complete silence at the end =D =D hopefully got me the A :P

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

The question on An Trial was no different from most other years, they just like to twist the question to make it seem more complex.

As log as you mentioned how people who should have shown her love, or pretended to, contributed to the conflict you're on to a winner. This isn't an English exam, they don't expect the same in-depth discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Nice enough paper.

I wrote;
    An Triail wasnt great but i will get at lest 20 / 40 minimum i'd say - 1.5 pages
    Jack - 2.5 pages
    Faoiseamh - almost 2 pages
    Calre Sa Speir - 4 pages
    Fich B - 1.25 pahes
    An Chead Drama - 3 pages
    Stair - 1.5 pages on canuinti then 1 page on bealoideas..

My writing is average!

Advertisement