Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 2... Honours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 roll on summer 10!

i thought it was:
    the main conflicts grow from the humane(?) weakness/faults that are passed off as love?

heres the question for anyone who actually knows what it means

"fásann príomhchoimhlintí an dráma as lochtanna nó duáilcí daonna a cheltear faoi chosúlacht an ghrá"
    dean plé blah blah

It means the main themes of the play grow from the fault of those who hid behind the appearance of love. I talked bout the Mum being a bitch, Padraig being an ass and society in general just being pure stingy! My teacher said that should be okay cos Maire's mum and Padraig should've loved Maire but didn't and only pretended etc

PARARORY wrote: »
    Nice enough paper.

I wrote;
    An Triail wasnt great but i will get at lest 20 / 40 minimum i'd say - 1.5 pages
    Jack - 2.5 pages
    Faoiseamh - almost 2 pages
    Calre Sa Speir - 4 pages
    Fich B - 1.25 pahes
    An Chead Drama - 3 pages
    Stair - 1.5 pages on canuinti then 1 page on bealoideas..

My writing is average!

I wrote about 13/14 pages altogether, hope that's enough :/

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

It means the main themes of the play grow from the fault of those who hid behind the appearance of love. I talked bout the Mum being a bitch, Padraig being an ass and society in general just being pure stingy! My teacher said that should be okay cos Maire's mum and Padraig should've loved Maire but didn't and only pretended etc

That's exactly what I did ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

lovely paper in my opinion. Better get an A :P
    I got a good 4 pages out of an triail wasn't to bad.
    2.5 pages on clare sa speir
    1.5 on fiche blian ag fas
    5 all together for poetry
    1.5 for stair na gaelge

Paper 1 was tough though my essay was good but i was lost for the reading comrehensions but i reckon i could scrape that A:)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

I wrote about 13/14 pages altogether, hope that's enough :/

Its quantity not quality - quality not quantity!

If the question if out of 40. You get 35 is for evidence that you know your text and 5 for your Irish.

So even if your irish isnt perfect you could easily still get a High B , possibly an a depending on how generous the examiner is feeling =):D

So happy that irish english and maths are fully finished... =)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ceol18

i don't know why everyone puts such faith in writing pages and pages...it's really quality over quantity in these things :/ not dissing anyone, just saying =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 student01

Yeah I did pretty much the same...
    I said the mother should be showing love towards her daughter but failed at this and instead her main worry was about what others would think.
    Then for Padraig, I talked about his lies and promises... and how Maire was led on and believed Padraig loved her but in fact it was all just pretense.
    I also used Bean Uí Chinsealaigh as well, and I just kept referring back to the question saying that these characters' faults have led to the groth of the conflicts in the play, etc

Overall, I was delighted with the paper... especially since I was sick last night and couldn't study :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

ceol18 wrote: »
    i don't know why everyone puts such faith in writing pages and pages...it's really quality over quantity in these things :/ not dissing anyone, just saying =)

ya most of the marks go for the quality of irish u could write loads but stil do really bad

PARARORY wrote: »
    Its quantity not quality - quality not quantity!

If the question if out of 40. You get 35 is for evidence that you know your text and 5 for your Irish.

So even if your irish isnt perfect you could easily still get a High B , possibly an a depending on how generous the examiner is feeling =):D

So happy that irish english and maths are fully finished... =)

My irish is grand and normally I don't care about the quantity, plus I've tiny writing! :P just the fact everyon is posting up how much they've written is freaking me out! Anyway watevs, never have to write anything in Iriah again!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

don't know why everyone puts such faith in writing pages and pages...it's really quality over quantity in these things :/ not dissing anyone, just saying =)

Your completely right , but if if you have the time and ability to keep writing then why not do so and impress? Like Irish is one of my best subjects and i've put in tonnes of work over the last two years , yeah sure i could have stopped my peotry question after a page , but I was able to write more and I had the time! Its hard to translate 2 years of work into a 3 hour exam!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I though it was hard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

ya most of the marks go for the quality of irish u could write loads but stil do really bad

Not on paper 2. For the rest of the Irish exam this is true, but the vast majority of marks on paper 2 go for content, very few for quality of language. Paper 2 is where the majority of fluent speakers fall down as they neglect the texts thinking they can make up for it with nice language. Can't be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 emchugh

couldn't understand some questions but wrote what I knew! worst syllabus in history though! too much to learn:(

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

my an triail question was bruuutal! i did the 1st question, but i didnt understand it! so i practically just wrote a summary, and re-wrote the question at the end of each paragraph... :eek::L ...i got 2 & a half pages outa it tho.. :P:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

Anyone here do 'A Thig Na Tit Orm'? I freaking loved the Chicago question, just wondering what ye thought?

My prós was really bad, I did Cearrbhach Mac Cába and the first 2o bliain question... Yuck. But then again I hadn't studied for prós. Happy with the rest of it though :) Hoping a got a dacent B!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭greener greene

annainez wrote: »
    Anyone here do 'A Thig Na Tit Orm'? I freaking loved the Chicago question, just wondering what ye thought?

My prós was really bad, I did Cearrbhach Mac Cába and the first 2o bliain question... Yuck. But then again I hadn't studied for prós. Happy with the rest of it though :) Hoping a got a dacent B!

Yeah I did A Thig NA Tit Orm. Both the questions were great, I did the other one about music as I though I could waffle on for a bit longer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Nearly screamed when I saw an chead drama I was so happy it was there! I thought it was grand! Nearly flipped when I saw the An Triail Q but then i saw 'two dramatic techniques' which was all I knew so I was fine! So happy about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

I thought it was a much harder paper than last year's... I mean writing about the faults and vices of humanity as opposed to writing about the men of the play for An Triail, the trick question for An Chead Drama about it being allegorical but really about the poet...

Maybe I just let nerves get the better of me but I messed this paper up... my Irish is near fluent and I've put a huge amount of work into Irish over the past two years, and on bringing my fluency up over the last six years. I got an A1 on Paper II in my mock and 89.3% overall in my mock and I've always really enjoyed Irish as a subject, had a brilliant teacher who worked us hard... and now it feels like it was all for nothing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ceol18

fauxshow wrote: »
    I thought it was a much harder paper than last year's... I mean writing about the faults and vices of humanity as opposed to writing about the men of the play for An Triail, the trick question for An Chead Drama about it being allegorical but really about the poet...

Maybe I just let nerves get the better of me but I messed this paper up... my Irish is near fluent and I've put a huge amount of work into Irish over the past two years, and on bringing my fluency up over the last six years. I got an A1 on Paper II in my mock and 89.3% overall in my mock and I've always really enjoyed Irish as a subject, had a brilliant teacher who worked us hard... and now it feels like it was all for nothing :(

i felt the exact same yesterday, my essay didn't go half as well as planned =( i'm just counting on the oral and aural bringing me up because i know i well in them (and seeing as you're almost fluent i'm sure you did too =D) try not to focus on one bad part...and i'm sure it wasn't half as bad as you think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

fauxshow wrote: »

Don't worry. If you are as good as you say you are, you will be in the top few %, and the top few % get As. Marking schemes are redone to make sure of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

ajjmk wrote: »
    my an triail question was bruuutal! i did the 1st question, but i didnt understand it! so i practically just wrote a summary, and re-wrote the question at the end of each paragraph... :eek::L ...i got 2 & a half pages outa it tho.. :P:cool:
    That's exactly what I did. Easy paper bar An Trial. The Stair na Gaeilge was shnaky though. No Ruraiocht or Fiannaiocht? FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

It was fine overall not too bad, thought it was an easier paper than yesterday. The stair was grand, only two I knew came up!!! The triail question was very badly phrased as if they just wanted people to make a balls of it!!:mad::)
    However I couldn't give a sh!t now, the worst subject ever is over and I'm off tomorrow!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭!?!

i just walked out when it got to the higher poetry.....:rolleyes:
    never doing an irish class again :D:D:D
    btw if you fail does it matter apart from not getting the points? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Didn't go as well as yesterday. A Thig Na Tit Orm and Clare sa Spéir we fine but I was chancing my arm for a lot of the rest of the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

!?! wrote: »
    i just walked out when it got to the higher poetry.....:rolleyes:
    never doing an irish class again :D:D:D
    btw if you fail does it matter apart from not getting the points? :confused:

unless it's a course requirement you should be sound... just depends on what course your doing

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭!?!

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    unless it's a course requirement you should be sound... just depends on what course your doing
    hopefully medicine, they wont't care will they?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dacentdee

got the general jist of the first triail question one but thought better not to chance it.for the teicnící drámaíochta question i wrote about the use of the courtroom setting and the use of flashback. then how it was bad that the characters werent developed enough..am i on the right road here? was happy enough but am now second guessing myself...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tommycarey1

I was happy overall today. Everything went well. Just one thing an triail. I did the second one on dramatic effects. I said that the effects were tragedy and the influence of the church. I linked it in really well though. Do you think that is ok, I'm just thinking about it here. A dramatic technique is a technique that creates drama in a play. Surely that would work would it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 monkeybusness2

Dacentdee wrote: »
    got the general jist of the first triail question one but thought better not to chance it.for the teicnící drámaíochta question i wrote about the use of the courtroom setting and the use of flashback. then how it was bad that the characters werent developed enough..am i on the right road here? was happy enough but am now second guessing myself...:(

dat exactly what i did but i also talkd about how the techniques of flashback and the courtroom setting helpd emphasise da main theme of tradgdy.i think as long as you mentioned your 2 tecniques its ok,i hope so neway!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 cf10

for the an triail question i took it to mean"those who were meant to show love to maire didn't and were actually bad people" then just talke about padraig not loing her, or her brothers and mother and society of the time....is that ok dudes????

also took meon to mean like whether or not their mind was working in la bui bealtaine, and said how noinin was lucid and peader wasn't??

stair was a joke!!! did two i never learned but i really couldn't care less it wasn't worth spedning all that time learning it!

Advertisement