Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 2... Honours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Misfitt

I found it all right... but could have been better. I recognised human faults in the An Triail question, didn't know what the rest of it was so I just went with that. The rest wasn't too bad.. there was a word in the Jack question 1.. the memories are mixed with??? On now to French :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

there was a word in the Jack question 1.. the memories are mixed with???

It was aifeala = regret

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

The question on Jack asked you to discuss how pleasurable memories are mixed with regret.

Surprised so many struggled with that, if it was taught properly it shouldn't have been an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loocas

The question on Jack asked you to discuss how pleasurable memories are mixed with regret.

Surprised so many struggled with that, if it was taught properly it shouldn't have been an issue.

I'd say people have more trouble understanding the question than answering it. Like that horrible, disastrous, atrocious An Trial Q. for me. I ended up just running through everything I know. I'm not looking for anything extraordinary, I'd be dead happy with a C1.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

That's what I meant, if Jack was properly taught then every student in the country should've known what áiféal meant, it's one of only 2 real emotions in the poem! The other being love...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 madraglic

anyone know what "fathchiallach" meant for "an chead drama" question??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

cf10 wrote: »
    for the an triail question i took it to mean"those who were meant to show love to maire didn't and were actually bad people" then just talke about padraig not loing her, or her brothers and mother and society of the time....is that ok dudes????

Should be okay... I took it to mean that the cause of the main conflicts in the play were the faults and vices of people which were hidden under the pretense of love. Which I think is right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway most people didn't understand it so I'd say they'll be slighter more relaxed marking it... It's 'open to interpretation'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

madraglic wrote: »
    anyone know what "fathchiallach" meant for "an chead drama" question??

allegorical
    I don't even fully understand what that means in English... But luckily our Irish teacher was obsessed with the word!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mariabitch

what did the first an trail question mean? i defo messed it up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cf10

zam wrote: »
    Should be okay... I took it to mean that the cause of the main conflicts in the play were the faults and vices of people which were hidden under the pretense of love. Which I think is right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway most people didn't understand it so I'd say they'll be slighter more relaxed marking it... It's 'open to interpretation'

ya i think you're more right than me but phew just glad mine counts for something you know?
    couldn't have chanced the second triail question techniques are always tricky like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Emmpty

Fourteen years of learning Irish and I still couldn't even understand the An Triail question.

Success!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

Emmpty wrote: »
    Fourteen years of learning Irish and I still couldn't even understand the An Triail question.

Success!
    I'm pretty sure you weren't studying that kind of irish in primary school, or even before 5th year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

i disagreed with the statement i said though they were pleasureable memories that she has no regret as they were 2 different people and it wouldnt have worked

for an trial i said how i didnt agree with the statement and how no love was shown at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

That's what I meant, if Jack was properly taught then every student in the country should've known what áiféal meant, it's one of only 2 real emotions in the poem! The other being love...

well when i read Jack i don't think regret is an issue tbh... imo she's just happy she had the good summer with him and she hopes he's happy now and she's looking back with nostalgia basically... i didn't get the aifela at all tbh... i though aifela was the same as cion so i messed up there actually.. ah sur...

hoping they'll go easy on the an trial because that was a really obscure question in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

Don't worry on my account, I wasn't counting on Irish. I did go out and get something in the canteen, but I was out of sorts afterwards. That'll teach me to be more careful, as I said, better now than later.

Well I suppose at least Irish also doesn't rely on just one paper. :) Like some..... imagine Chemistry or something...! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Emmpty

I'm pretty sure you weren't studying that kind of irish in primary school, or even before 5th year.

Ha or ever! I find it really ridiculous that I can keep up a good C1 average in higher without even understanding basic grammar, tenses or just irish in general. Ah well its all over now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

it was a fairly ok paper..the pass poems were very easy...pros were easy enough...for tsean gaeilge in stair na gaeilge i talked about ogham.hope this is ok...an traili teicnici came up - i had a feeling this was gonna come up.an chead drama was easy enough, despite the phrasing of the question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Chris007

What are the dramatic techniques for the second an triail question? :confused: I wrote about atmaisfear and coimhlint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

Chris007 wrote: »
    What are the dramatic techniques for the second an triail question? :confused: I wrote about atmaisfear and coimhlint

i wrote about ceol, teach na cuirte, cros chestuchain.
    they help to develop the plot...could have done iardhearcadh

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

bubblz wrote: »
    i disagreed with the statement i said though they were pleasureable memories that she has no regret as they were 2 different people and it wouldnt have worked

for an trial i said how i didnt agree with the statement and how no love was shown at all

ditto that.

perhaps it was a test.

maybe we were meant to disagree with the statement

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I really enjoyed the paper. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

Yeah I did A Thig NA Tit Orm. Both the questions were great, I did the other one about music as I though I could waffle on for a bit longer :pac:

Ha cool glad it suited you too so! I was able to write 3 pages on the Chicago question, probably could've written more at a push, but I though it was a great question over all! Apparently they're trying to entice people away from An Triail with easier ATNTO questions... I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Don't mean to come across as over-confident, but is it just me or was that paper very nice/do-able? I was dreading Irish paper two all year, as it's my worst subject. But, jez that was fúcking great, I'm thrilled with it!:D

I did, Clare sa Spéir, Fiche Bliain ag fás, Maidhc Dainín(seems like some had great difficulty with An Triail, but we never done that), Níl aon Ni, Faoiseamh and An Chéad Drama. Wrote about 16 pages, happy out. Hopefully a B1....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 roll on summer 10!

Dacentdee wrote: »
    got the general jist of the first triail question one but thought better not to chance it.for the teicnící drámaíochta question i wrote about the use of the courtroom setting and the use of flashback. then how it was bad that the characters werent developed enough..am i on the right road here? was happy enough but am now second guessing myself...:(

That's perfect, exactly what they meant, could've mentioned the cross questioning if you wanted but what you wrote is fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kiddd

Would iardhearcaidh and very believable characters be ok for the 2nd an trial question???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

kiddd wrote: »
    Would iardhearcaidh and very believable characters be ok for the 2nd an trial question???:confused:

Iardharcaidh is fine! but I hate to say it but believable characters isn't >.-. Sorry my friend =(. I wrote on flashback as well and you'll probably still get a load of marks for that anyway! I did cross questioning for the second one as well. Also it's not worth much in the long run anyway so don't beat yourself up about it :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

That paper was like my dream paper :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 OConallain

ak_123 wrote: »
    what the hell sis the first question mean on antrial on higher paper? i got coimhint as struggle locht and dualici as faults.

then cosulacht means similar and love??? the struggle is made by the faults of the people as well as love?

the main conflicts are grown from peoples faults and the appearance of love. only realized with 5mins to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 VARIEGATED GIRL

I was happy overall today. Everything went well. Just one thing an triail. I did the second one on dramatic effects. I said that the effects were tragedy and the influence of the church. I linked it in really well though. Do you think that is ok, I'm just thinking about it here. A dramatic technique is a technique that creates drama in a play. Surely that would work would it?

Dude I did the same!! well influence of the catholic church and young love (don't ask, i went BLANK :eek:) .. anyways didn't understand the question at the time, but managed to link them in.. didn't mention the plot or anything tho!!:eek: does anyone know if i would be ok? Im pretty doggy at irish.....:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I didn't understand the An Triail question, and didn't know the Teicníceanna at all, so I had to answer the first one. I didn't understand what the question meant, all I saw was conflict so I just went through the answer pointing out all the conflict - Máire and Mother, Máire and Family, with the social worker and even the family's conflict with the attorneys! No mention to faults or love.

I'll get some marks, right? I'd hate to get 0 for it considering I spent over a half an hour writing the answer!

The rest of the paper went well. Poetry is surprisingly wingable - thank god the poems are written out on the page.

Advertisement