Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Ban Wave Is Here!

Options
  • 15-06-2010 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

All Accounts who have used 3rd party software or Exploiting the econemy Beware as blizzard are now rolling out 72/permapans as of this morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Do NOT post names of any kind of bot software which has or hasn't resulted in a ban.
    I'll leave this thread open for now, but any discussion of how to circumvent this banwave will not be tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

silly getting banned , plenty of ways to avoid it ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Screw you tman. I'm gonna tell everyone how to avoid getting banned! To hell with the consequences. Here it goes...

Don't use bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,457 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im assuming these bots werent exactly the addons found on curse.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Eeek sorry about that t-man =S
    have edited it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

Well im happy i never used a bot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

OP were is your source for the ban wave?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

i dont think im allowed to link the sites =S

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

about time . guess the farmers can now just go outside to the real world and do some hang gliding instead

elexes wrote: »
    about time . guess the farmers can now just go outside to the real world and do some hang gliding instead

iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

I SAW IT!!

• Advertisement

elexes wrote: »

any one else see what he did thar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I got an email telling me I was banned for using 3rd party software 3 days ago, which is rather odd considering I haven't logged in in 6 months... although looking at the armory it's probably warranted since it seems someone has been using the account for the last 2 weeks. hmmms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Good, I've personally reported loads of them, would be nice to see some action taken.

The old floating around in the air, warping at high speed and teleporting hacks are back too I've noticed over the last few weeks, some even using them in the battlegrounds - which is pretty stupid given there's a whole team of opposition watching you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

the floating orc warlock advertisements in org were fun the first time i seen them :)

one of them spawned in the lvl 1 zone when i was makin a new char was gas looking

TechnoPool wrote: »
    one of them spawned in the lvl 1 zone when i was makin a new char was gas looking

bet it was an orc. quickest way to capital city with that secret path into barrens

about 40 lvl 1 orc warocks

• Registered Users Posts: 83,457 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

didnt they stop lvl 1s from being able to form raid groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

there is a big difference between players using botting programs and hackers/advertisers doing the website/sign stuff in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Overheal wrote: »
    didnt they stop lvl 1s from being able to form raid groups?
    i think they just automate it, i've seen like 30 or 40 spawn at once and warp through the air to org,
    on a sidenote though gnome marathons were hilarious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This isnt new, its been happening the last few weeks, and as its a god thing, its also a ****ing nightmare to the ecnomoy.

Farmers are the guys who sell all the basic materials for stuff. Did you think it was actual people farming all that titanium, saronite ore, and the herbs?

No, its not, its farmers.

Prices on everything has risen as a result of the ban, making it alot harder to graft out profits.

Great to see an active company weeding out farmers, annoying cause it just cut into my profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I'd like to take this opportunity to dispell a myth. Reporting botters in World of Warcraft is completely futile. Blizzard do not ban botters unless Warden flags the account as using 3rd party programs. It can be reported 1,000 times and it won't make any difference. So save yourself the time and stress and just grief the guys or move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Geez, it's finally worthwhile putting saronite ore up on the AH again rather than smelting into bars and just vendoring !
    In regards reporting them, on Draenor at least the GMs seem to take quick action once they're reported, I've even witnessed Horde guard NPCs being spawned around alliance botters, which I presume were GMs having some fun themselves with the botters so I dunno about it not being worthwhile.

good time to sell my 60-80 stacks of saronite ore so..!

Advertisement