Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the best deal on a HTC Desire

Options
  • 15-06-2010 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Meteor Vodafone 02 or 3 i am on perfect fit 200 at the moment and trying to reduce my monthly spend should i go prepay or stay on bill.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Meteor Bill Pay Smart €35pm, 200+200 and only 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,615 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Thanks, am also looking at a similiar avenue.
    Is android "updateable" on these phones or are the features "locked"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

JustinOval wrote: »
    Meteor Bill Pay Smart €35pm, 200+200 and only 12 month contract.

I have this package.

Phone is sim free and fully update-able.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

You can do pretty much anything you like with them, but Android 2.2 (latest) is only available on the Nexus One right now.

I should add I think the initial purchase price has dropped with Vodafone, and this should also be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

How much is it on Meteor then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,615 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It depends on what package you go on and the contract length.
    Generally the more expensive the monthly package the cheaper the phone to buy.
    www.meteor.ie

I am currently on PAYG on O2 - been with O2 since 99 and for years they have had the best deals however not so good in the past few years so think I will port to Meteor in the next few months and get one of these Android phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Does Carphone Warehouse do Meteor as i have a voucher for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Desire is sold out everywhere at the moment by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Desire is sold out everywhere at the moment by the way!

Not quite. Just rang a few stores, Ilac centre has 1 but won't sell it to me because I'm already a meteor customer.

Fairly pissed off to be honest, I left o2 a few years ago because they were giving all these deals to new customers and wouldn't even give me an upgrade. I hate when networks do this, but I can't really leave meteor as it's such an expensive phone to run on o2/vodafone.

Advertisement