Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airbourne Return !!!!

Options
  • 15-06-2010 1:13pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ulster Hall Belfast
    Belfast
    Sun 5 Dec 2010, 19:00
    WHEELCHAIR AREA
    £24.50

BALCONY
    £24.50

GROUND FLOOR
    £22.50

Olympia Theatre
    Dublin
    Tue 7 Dec 2010, 19:30
    CIRCLE
    €25.00

UPPER CIRCLE - UNRESERVED
    €23.00

GROUND FLOOR STANDING
    €23.00

Def going to this it will be my 3rd time and since they pulled out of Oxegen it will make up for it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 murfimurfi

Check this out from Download on Sunday - Airbourne are mentallers. Should be savage at The Olympia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOaWarCLZaM&feature=player_embedded
    Ulster Hall Belfast
    Belfast
    Sun 5 Dec 2010, 19:00
    WHEELCHAIR AREA
    £24.50

BALCONY
    £24.50

GROUND FLOOR
    £22.50

Olympia Theatre
    Dublin
    Tue 7 Dec 2010, 19:30
    CIRCLE
    €25.00

UPPER CIRCLE - UNRESERVED
    €23.00

GROUND FLOOR STANDING
    €23.00

Def going to this it will be my 3rd time and since they pulled out of Oxegen it will make up for it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea the first time i seem them in the Ambassador in 08 the singer ran into the crowd pulled himself a pint and played on top of the bar. Id say he will hop into one of the boxes in the Olympia

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

NICE 1!

Saw them in the academy and it was savage!

Saw them again at Rock Am Ring and they were excellent too despite some sound problems and a slightly muted crowd. Then again i think most people had sunstroke. I know i did!

It's 1 thing to be climbing the rigging but to do what he did at RAR is bonkers! And the stage there is massive high! Check out the vid

When he did that you could feel the whole crowd just go :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

awesome!
    This will be my 5th time seeing them, they are brilliant live

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

Didn't realise they'd pulled out of oxegen. Cant say i'm bothered anyway as i'm not going and to be honest i think a band like that would be lost on the vast majority of people at oxegen!

Anybody know the reason because i see they're still playing t in the park which is odd. If i was a sceptical person i may think that they where pulled from the line up after mcd had a mickey fit at the prospect of yer man climbing up the stage!

• Advertisement

emtroche wrote: »
    Didn't realise they'd pulled out of oxegen. Cant say i'm bothered anyway as i'm not going and to be honest i think a band like that would be lost on the vast majority of people at oxegen!

Anybody know the reason because i see they're still playing t in the park which is odd. If i was a sceptical person i may think that they where pulled from the line up after mcd had a mickey fit at the prospect of yer man climbing up the stage!

They said it was scheduling difficulties. I was thinking maybe they wanted a better slot then 3rd on the 3rd stage because when the Green Spheres line up was announced there was a TBC on the line up. They are on the 2nd stage at TITP the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Great heads up! Was looking on their website on Monday and there was no word of this. Saw them a couple of months ago and they were mega - right up and beyond 11!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Man cant wait for this now, they seem completely bonkers:D

vangoz wrote: »
    Man cant wait for this now, they seem completely bonkers:D

They are :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Going. Yeppeee

• Advertisement

After reading the earplugs thread, I might invest in a pair for this (just incase;))

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Will be seeing them headline Hard Rock Hell festival a few days earlier in north Wales but will prob go to this one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

vangoz wrote: »
    After reading the earplugs thread, I might invest in a pair for this (just incase;))

After the Academy show, I would HIGHLY recommend it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

It was great at download, i was also annoyed they cancelled oxegen, but they had to sell some tickets for these gigs!

Enforcer are alright but nothing special, just means an extra half hour in the bar :D

Just tried to get 8 standing tickets for this on ticketmaster and i could get them all. So it might not be too packed in there.

It was great at download, i was also annoyed they cancelled oxegen, but they had to sell some tickets for these gigs!

Enforcer are alright but nothing special, just means an extra half hour in the bar :D

Just tried to get 8 standing tickets for this on ticketmaster and i could get them all. So it might not be too packed in there.

Yea im gonna get my ticket soon. Maybe they should have put them in Tripod

Yea im gonna get my ticket soon. Maybe they should have put them in Tripod

Bag I'm sure there's quite a few seats sold as airbourne have a broad enough range of fans. The academy again would probably have been fine. But it's okay, cause I can't get into academy gigs yet

Yeah I really hope there is big a turn out!

Due to illness, Australian rockers AIRBOURNE have regretfully been forced to postpone the first date of their UK headline tour - tomorrow night’s London show at the O2 Academy Brixton.

The band have issued the following statement:

“This decision does not come lightly and only in a very serious situation would we resort to the postponing of a show. We sincerely apologise to everyone for the inconvenience it has caused. Our drummer Ryan O'Keeffe has been struck down with gastroenteritis. The doctor is telling us that he will have trouble hitting the drums with a drip in his arm. The Doc tho’ does report that he should respond fairly quickly to the treatments and we are anticipating to be back up and running in time to hit the stage at Hard Rock Hell.

Please retain all tickets as we are going to look into rescheduling a London show as soon as we are physically able and are near European shores again. We will aim to finalise this show within the week and will announce details as soon as possible. Full refunds will of course be available to any of you who will not be able to come to the rescheduled date.”

The list of Airbourne headline UK & Ireland shows, with support from Enforcer and Black Spiders, is now as follows:

Fri 3rd Dec - PRESTATYN Hard Rock Hell Festival
    Sat 4th Dec - GLASGOW Barrowlands
    Sun 5th Dec - BELFAST Ulster Hall
    Tue 7th Dec - DUBLIN Olympia
    Thu 9th Dec - MANCHESTER Academy
    Fri 10th Dec - BIRMINGHAM O2 Academy

Black spiders are support? This has made me so happy!! Yes!!! Enforcer are poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Dont want to ruin the mood here but I can see this being cancelled if the weather keeps up like this(and its supposed to until tue/wed next week).

It would be pretty sh*t!!!

• Advertisement

HBK wrote: »
    Dont want to ruin the mood here but I can see this being cancelled if the weather keeps up like this(and its supposed to until tue/wed next week).

It would be pretty sh*t!!!

Here's hoping the Irish sea doesn't freeze I've then!

Any news with this? I assume the gig is still going ahead as planned.....Right :confused:

As much as i want to go , i have to much College work to do and have already seen them twice

I won't be making it either :( Gutted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Ive never been to the Olympia. Im standing and obviously with the cold i will be wrapped up on my way out. Is there a place for coats etc?

Pauleta wrote: »
    Ive never been to the Olympia. Im standing and obviously with the cold i will be wrapped up on my way out. Is there a place for coats etc?

Yeah there's a coat room.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BloodRedRose

The gig was aewsome!!! :D:D

Black Spiders were pretty brilliant!! I 'd never heard them before but i'll definitely be getting their album!

Enforcer... Lets just say they weren't my cup of tea. The poor guitarists high E string broke two songs in. I felt sorry for him as it looked like he whipped himself with it a few times during their preformance.

Airbourne Rocked!! The show they put on was amazing!! It leaves me lost for words. After, when we were getting coats, one of the security men gave my little brother the set list from the stage. The songs have been altered slightly, for example it reads, "Blond, Bad & Tony" and "Running Mild"...?! Is this an inside joke I don't know about? Can anyone shed some light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The gig was aewsome!!! :D:D

Black Spiders were pretty brilliant!! I 'd never heard them before but i'll definitely be getting their album!

Enforcer... Lets just say they weren't my cup of tea. The poor guitarists high E string broke two songs in. I felt sorry for him as it looked like he whipped himself with it a few times during their preformance.

Airbourne Rocked!! The show they put on was amazing!! It leaves me lost for words. After, when we were getting coats, one of the security men gave my little brother the set list from the stage. The songs have been altered slightly, for example it reads, "Blond, Bad & Tony" and "Running Mild"...?! Is this an inside joke I don't know about? Can anyone shed some light on this?

A lot of bands do this, it's the roadies who will normally write out set lists, just a little joke between them and band.

Did he go for a crowd walk on the roadies shoulders like he did on Friday at Hard Rock Hell.

I'm thinking, as the band are getting pretty big, that Joel's been told by the record company to packit in wit all the climbing

scudzilla wrote: »
    A lot of bands do this, it's the roadies who will normally write out set lists, just a little joke between them and band.

Did he go for a crowd walk on the roadies shoulders like he did on Friday at Hard Rock Hell.

I'm thinking, as the band are getting pretty big, that Joel's been told by the record company to packit in wit all the climbing

I wasnt at the gig but found this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Possibly the greatest gig ive ever been to. Im still in bed from last night. My neck is solid stiff, i cant move my legs and my ears are ringing :D

Advertisement