Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infinite Undiscovery

Options
  • 15-06-2010 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭

I'm almost at the end of this game. I found it pretty enjoyable except for the crap maps and the sheer amount of characters in your party. Has anyone else here played it?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats It like storyline wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Whats It like storyline wise?

It's a decent story. You play as a simple flute player named Capell who bears an exact likeness to a hero named Sigmund the liberator. It's the job of Sigmund and his companions to destroy the large chains which join the Earth to the moon. The game's bad guy, who is responsible for the chains is named Leonid the Dreadknight. He wishes to use these chains to suck the energy out of the Earth and to drive the moon into the Earth so that he may be closer to the moon God. A powerful and mad religious zealot if you will. Your character Capell joins the party reluctantly and his character's origins become more clear as the story progresses.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've heard nothing but bad things about it. It's typical Tri-Ace, poor story and well everything else but with a complicated battle system that gets better once you understand it, overall not worth it although if you liked the new star ocean might be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've heard nothing but bad things about it. It's typical Tri-Ace, poor story and well everything else but with a complicated battle system that gets better once you understand it, overall not worth it although if you liked the new star ocean might be worth a shot.

I thought the story was decent enough although there's far too many characters in your party for both you and the game to pay full attention to them all. Also, trying to buy and manage equipment for the vast amount of characters is a bit of a pain as well.

The maps are crap cos when you visit a large new area it's very unclear where you are supposed to go as destinations are not marked out. You just have to follow vague clues.

I found the battle system pretty good although the AI of your party members isn't entirely perfect, especially when you really rely on them to try pull you through a battle.

I'd definately recommend it if you liked Star Ocean or many of the older real-time battle Square RPGs such as Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3. I just love those style of RPGs:)

Advertisement