Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about magnet broadband

• 15-06-2010 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

i was wondering if magnet is better than eircom. and i have some questions that need answering.

1. my line is not magnet enabled. how long does it take to enable magnet on a line? and i live in the country so i'm not sure how much my line can take. my attenuation is 61/31db and i am currently on eircom 3mb.

2 what kind of technology does magnet use? dsl?

3. is magnet better than eircom?

4. how much is line rental on its own?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

elazar55 wrote: »
    i was wondering if magnet is better than eircom. and i have some questions that need answering.

1. my line is not magnet enabled. how long does it take to enable magnet on a line? and i live in the country so i'm not sure how much my line can take. my attenuation is 61/31db and i am currently on eircom 3mb.

2 what kind of technology does magnet use? dsl?

3. is magnet better than eircom?

4. how much is line rental on its own?

Thanks.

1. If your living in the country the chances are you can only get magnet swift, which is a package name for their resold eircom product. Your line isnt gona take anything more than 3Mb with those line stats. If your switching from eircom to magnet it might take a couple of weeks, every case seems to be individual though

2. The product you can avail of is ADSL just like Eircoms.

3. Products will be almost identicle since you can only avail of the swift service

4. Think its around 22 or 23 euro a month, not 100% sure though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

At 61dB attenuation, you're not going to get much out of that line. If you currently have eircom, it's unlikely you'll get any improvement from another DSL provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭elazar55

could i ask eircom to upgrade my line to a better attenuation? if thats possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They won't do anything about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You seem to live around 3 miles + from the exchange with those stats, I am not gonna go on about the laws of physics and **** cause it will bore people :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement