Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biomedical engineering and science

Options
  • 15-06-2010 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I recently completed my degree in microbiology and I have been accepted into a M.Sc in Biomedical engineering, I was wondering what's the difference between a M.Sc in Biomedical engineering and a M.Sc in Biomedical science? which is better for jobs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Doyle_G

the undergrad biomedical science course trains you for work in medical labs in hospitals but not too sure how the MSc in biomedical science works if you haven't done the degree :) not too sure about the biomedical engineering :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Toes

I've just graduated in biomedical engineering... The course i did was based heavily on materials for orthopedic applications, anatomy, hospital devices and clinical engineering, we also covered biomechanics (looking at different parts of the body under motion). Other modules were shared with mechanical engineering classes so it'd make you highly suitable for manufacturing companies.

I liked the course but also found it very tough and a bit disheartening at times. Its a tough course to get jobs from-a lot of companies look for a masters/phd in the area. I think I would have loved to have done biomedical science!

Anyway I hope I havent put you off too much, all the best:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mini Mini

Toes wrote: »
    I've just graduated in biomedical engineering... The course i did was based heavily on materials for orthopedic applications, anatomy, hospital devices and clinical engineering, we also covered biomechanics (looking at different parts of the body under motion). Other modules were shared with mechanical engineering classes so it'd make you highly suitable for manufacturing companies.

I liked the course but also found it very tough and a bit disheartening at times. Its a tough course to get jobs from-a lot of companies look for a masters/phd in the area. I think I would have loved to have done biomedical science!

Anyway I hope I havent put you off too much, all the best:p

I'm interested in studying biomedical engineering and was wondering which college you would recommend me to study in as regards to work placement, facilities, percentage of employement after course, which would be most recognised among industry etc?

Advertisement