Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking the tunnel Sat. June 19th.

Options
  • 15-06-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭

Where is the best place to go in order to walk through the new Tunnel on Sat June 19th?

Is it accessible from both ends or is it the Southern end?

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭manna452121

From what I hear you have to go to the dock rd entrance and they have a park/ride to the tunnel entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Dock Road Entrance between 10am and 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

Any one have anymore details about this?Whats the admission price??

Admission? Why would there be an admission? They didn't have any admission a number of months ago.

Anyway, here is a link to something at least.

http://www.limericktunnel.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Are they showing Movies in the thing or something???????

- What are the chances of flooding/being hit by a confused French Truck Driver?

Ye wannabe Tunnel Walkers really need other outlets for your curiosity and excess energy :p

• Advertisement

Jeez I was only asking a question, there's no need to be so nasty about it.

Jeez I was only asking a question, there's no need to be so nasty about it.

I was only joking Miss Teach!!!! Jeez yerself!!!

- Why would anyone want to walk through it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Hopefully all line markings are present and correct before Chief Superintendent Berty arrives on the scene.

Raiser wrote: »
    I was only joking Miss Teach!!!! Jeez yerself!!!

- Why would anyone want to walk through it though?

Well, I think it's interesting.
    I understand it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it would be interesting to see it.

I understand it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it would be interesting to see it.

NO! You're just odd. :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    NO! You're just odd. :pac::pac::pac:

Seriously, I was looking for some information, not to be insulted and made fun of.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Hopefully all line markings are present and correct before Chief Superintendent Berty arrives on the scene.

You know. I used to be a Test Technician for Direct route PPP who are building this tunnel and I used to actually test the white lines as part of my job so I would probably be the right oddball for the job. :pac:
    Seriously, I was looking for some information, not to be insulted and made fun of.

Settle, Settle. :D

Ah now come on. We are only joking, we I am at least. I don't know about that other scoundrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

we'll all be walking in the left lane while berty comes sprinting up the right and tries to shoulder his way back in :pac:

zuroph wrote: »
    we'll all be walking in the left lane while berty comes sprinting up the right and tries to shoulder his way back in :pac:

Oh yeah. You will all be, as you say, qeueing in the left lane. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Will Santa's reindeers be there, like on the interactive map?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They will be temporarily opening the motorway from the Rosbrien intersection to the Dock Road intersection afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    +1

Yeah, people are always compaining that there's nothing to do in Limerick. I think we should welcome these new attractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Remember the day the Jack Lynch Tunnel in Cork was opened for the walk through and it was a brilliant day for all.

Enjoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

If its free i urge everyone to go through as it will be the last time any of us see the inside without forking out a few quid.. on a side note i was down there tonight and the views and wildlife/fauna was beautiful.. shame they built a motorway straight through the middle of it..

• Advertisement

445279.ie wrote: »
    Remember the day the Jack Lynch Tunnel in Cork was opened

eh no.....

Stab*City wrote: »
    If its free i urge everyone to go through as it will be the last time any of us see the inside without forking out a few quid.. on a side note i was down there tonight and the views and wildlife/fauna was beautiful.. shame they built a motorway straight through the middle of it..

People kinda felt that way about the Living Bridge in UL - But in another sense you have fantastic views of the river and wildlife etc. as you walk across it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Stan the man

I'll be there tomorrow at 10.00. I'll do some photos.

I'll be there tomorrow at 10.00. I'll do some photos.

I'd prob. show up tomorrow but am a bit worried that exactly half of everything there is going to be in black and white ;)

Raiser wrote: »
    People kinda felt that way about the Living Bridge in UL - But in another sense you have fantastic views of the river and wildlife etc. as you walk across it!!!

Fantastic views down there too but not at 120kmph..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Very busy down there this morning. Was coming out of town along the Dock road at around 9:30, and the line of cars going into the field where they are allowing people to park was looooooong, and there was already dozens and dozens of cars parked in there at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

ok im heading there after lunch with my bro, i live near caherdavin so where do i go?! oh and its free rite?!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,209 ✭✭✭✭phog

dave 27 wrote: »
    ok im heading there after lunch with my bro, i live near caherdavin so where do i go?! oh and its free rite?!

Head out Dock Road (N69) and follow signs for Tunnel Car Park (it's off the roundabout near the cement factory entrance), traffic is manic there at the moment, a P&R might be a better option. It's free to walk, there are a few charities making collection - Limerick Search & Rescue and there is a combined group of charities selling a commemorative booklet and hats (€5).

The P&Rs take you closer to the tunnel and dont have to queue for access to the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,209 ✭✭✭✭phog

A link to some pics I took this morning.

4B183B87980E40FD8BB4D54CD883583C-800.jpg

4EC3C10A20294897905D560A8A5A52C0-800.jpg

A9F1F77D73174CE98377B9319FE2C4BF-800.jpg

BA40D851E86D4989887AA9FEB2331DC4-800.jpg

BC9420F652044E1AB720228EF7F3D46F-800.jpg

0257AA7693964DF9862FFDBA299DF491-800.jpg

81321C6232B841BDB0E7B29DEE751DEC-800.jpg

2C199BFB483A41BEB14FB61AF1A0DA4E-800.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

The P&Rs take you closer to the tunnel and dont have to queue for access to the car park.[/QUOTE]

Where are the P&Rs please?

Advertisement