Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking the tunnel Sat. June 19th.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

yep, where do you park for P&R?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

electron wrote: »
    yep, where do you park for P&R?

Not sure but iirc I think I heard there was one in Kilmurry Lodge and one in the racecourse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

In all squareness was just out there, its about a 5 minute wait on the dock road no probs with parking there or getting out... Enjoy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

phog wrote: »
    A link to some pics I took this morning.

Pics up already.... impressed :-)

Went through it with my little one and the da..... good hour spent and well organised at that time anyways in the morning.....

good thinking having the marquee etc at the far side..

and it was sunny

tempp break from the R word for a while.

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

when's it gonna open, september? can't wait :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

RTE fail Maths.....unpossible

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0619/limerick.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

me thinks that 100,000 is very possible if half bought hat or book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

It was possible that the figure was higher than 40,000. A lot of people around 12-1 when I was walking down by the tunnel yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I am just curious how it says that it matches the construction of the dam in Ardnacrusha from the 1930's, when the Ardnacrusha dam was officially opened in 1929.:D

Good old RTE. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

me thinks that 100,000 is very possible if half bought hat or book

How much was the hat or booklet to buy?

I passed twice yesterday and then the third time I was in the area I turned back to avoid the traffic, and each time it looked like the place was stuffed with crowds.

Had no real interest in going in myself to be honest, but that was more to do with growing up in Liverpool where there are already river tunnels in place with one, the Birkenhead Tunnel, being over two miles long.

What has caught my eye, or rather what has not caught my eye, is the lack of an obvious large ventilation shaft/building from the Limerick tunnel.

Did anyone who was there see one? I know there has to be one where all the tunnel vents lead to, but I am used to the massive ones like the Mersey tunnels have, which look quite cool and, imho, almost become an attraction themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

Was 5 euro for a hat with a booklet. They were giving out the booklets for free then on way out!

Advertisement