Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a B3 in maths

• 15-06-2010 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

So yeah I basically got 20 euro grinds off the second smartest physics student in Ireland each week and I need a B3 in ordinary maths. I'm sort of scared I didn't get it, altough I didn't think paper 1 was that bad, I still did not do as well as I hoped, and in paper 2 I ran out of time and didn't finish all of Q11 and couldn't look back over the paper.
    Do you think it is easy to get the 70% I need for the B3, with all this talk of them marking alot easier due to the difficulty many had with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭uncle-mofo

I'm in the same boat as you, need a b3 for science in UCD, I found paper one not too bad, paper 2 a bit harder though. And btw, you could be getting grinds off the smartest man in the world but if he can't explain the stuff in a clear way it's useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

Yeah I could be screwed either way, I want to do a computer course in WIT and I need a B3 in maths for like 280-300 points, or I can do the same course in DCU for around 350 points and a C3 in maths, so they could both be hard to get now.

Ah no the guy is one of my close friends and he was always able to explain things alot easier than teachers to me.

Its just that some stuff we hadn't went over came up and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Yeh I need a B3 for UCD too.
    I think the second paper was ok but didn't get some of the part Cs in the 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gleoite

i feel your pain... my first four choices are all B3 in maths.. and i made a total shambles of both papers time wise and general brain wasnt performing as it should have been.. i also got one on one grinds every week.

Do you think they will mark easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I heard the marking scheme was being changed to allocate more points to parts a & b. Confirmation anyone? Need a B3 for most of my CAO. Not impossible I think, heres hoping:)

Thats what I heard

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Sometimes when part Cs are difficult, more of the marks go for part As and Bs. I've often seen part As on the honours awarded 15 marks (usually 10) so I assume pass is similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mescaline

Due to those tricky Cs in Paper 1 i say examiners will try push you up were possible and will award high attempt marks for those who attempted, but i dont actually think they can change the marking scheme.. onless nationwide everybody did awful, but with the handy paper 2 i say it pushed everybodys grade up who did badly in p1.

I need a B3 above myself, originally wanted an a1 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Mescaline wrote: »

I need a B3 above myself, originally wanted an a1 :(

Ditto. Be happy with a B3 now...

• Advertisement
Advertisement