Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C.I.T. and blackboard

• 15-06-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭

slightly random question but do CIT use Blackboard or if not what vle is used?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Lecturers choice really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

yea they do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

They do use it in an experimental way for 'tests' in a small way in my experience. These tests are a small percentage of the overall mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

CIT had their own notes online service until recently, when the lecturers have been told to use Blackboard from now on.

It will be the lecturers choice whether to use it or not. The reason why they might not use the service is because students see it as an alternative to going to class.

The service that they were/are using is found at: notes.cit.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

When does blackboard usually go live?, it has both semesters modules listed for me but when I click on any of them there's a pop up "This section is not available yet." I was hoping on printing off some notes at work before classes start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

As mentioned above, not all lecturers use Blackboard as some still prefer to hand out / give notes in class. Your lecturers will give you details if they use Blackboard and also some release notes week by week and not in advance.

http://www.elearningcit.com/faqs/

Advertisement