Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bray Aquathon Series

• 15-06-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭

Hey, many of us doing this event this year? Did them last year and really enjoyed them. Love getting the DART out to Bray, still a novelty for this country boy :D

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 2 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    100%
    ryue65El Director 2 votes
    3 stars (average)
    0%
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Hey, many of us doing this event this year? Did them last year and really enjoyed them. Love getting the DART out to Bray, still a novelty for this country boy :D

Yep, Id hope to attend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

4 stars (good)
    interested wrote: »
    Yep, Id hope to attend.

Great! I kow who's feet I'll be searching for! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

What time would I need to be there for this Wednesday?

Doesn't appear to state on the website, 7:30 start so what time for registration and that stuff?

Thanks

4 stars (good)
    DustyBin wrote: »
    What time would I need to be there for this Wednesday?

Doesn't appear to state on the website, 7:30 start so what time for registration and that stuff?

Thanks

Hi Dusty, I think reg opens at 6. I aim to be there shortly after 6, last month the Q built up very quickly after that, I was lucky. Face brief is about 7:15 usually and the girls are off at 7:30 the lads 10 min later.

I usually really look forward to these but after two weeks of eating/drinking in the sun I'm dreading it this eve! Still no better way to get back into it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

I usually really look forward to these but after two weeks of eating/drinking with Running 43.5km and Swimming 11,350m in the sun I'm dreading it this eve! Still no better way to get back into it!

Just touched that one for you El-D ;) welcome back. Sadly I wont see you til the last race of this series. Am in go slow / slower mode these days with Swinford on the horizon.

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    Lol...very good interested! Ya I did a bit while away but nothing since last Weds (except for a hills session with Bambaata yesterday morn), feel like my wind pipe has closed up completely!

Well god luck with Swinford man and I will be seeing you at next months event.

4 stars (good)
    Great turnout again this evening in Bray. The showers didn't seem to put people off. The swim was against the currant and was therefore tougher. My time was 2:30 slower than last months but I felt it went better! 19:13 run so was v happy with that. Wasn't looking forward to it but as usual delighted now I did it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Sport101

Great event once again, top marks on the organisation. Cups of hot soup and loads sambos afterwards at the finish line... 10/10 even on a rainy cold july evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Really enjoyed this an intend being back for the third one in August. Wicklow tri put on a great show with a big spread of soup and sandwhiches afterwards.
    The swim was against the currant and was therefore tougher.

Mother of jaysus I thought that one of the kayakers were after tying the white buoy to the back of their boat and had started heading for Dublin!! It was one tough swim and seemed to go on forever - every time I looked up it seemed to be getting further away.

Advertisement