Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fas and graduates..question

• 15-06-2010 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,

just wondering..

If you are qualified up to graduate level (ie; postgraduate diploma), but are unemployed and on the dole, are you eligible to apply for a fas course in something that has nothing got to do with your previous qualification?

any info would be very useful

B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Can anyone answer this query, as it's something I've been wondering about too.
    I've a degree, 5 years experience, and various extracurricular courses done and will be redundant by the end of July,the way it's looking.
    I don't understand how FAS can benefit somebody like me and I get the impression I have to go and talk to them.
    Does anyone have any info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mihiret

It may be very late since the post dates back to nearly a year ago. But I just want to share my experience.

I had 2 Science (both MSc) degrees - one from overseas and another from UCD when I applied for FAS course in 2004. Don't ask why - long story! I did complete the one year FAS course, and have been working in that area for the last 5 years.

My point is that you are eligible to do a FAS course regardless of your academic level. They just want you to get into the workforce. They were very helpful in those days (don't know now).

Advertisement