Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cute things your pets do

Options
  • 15-06-2010 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

that make you smile [:

My dwarf bunny Lola, when I'm lying down she hops onto my chest and licks my nose, this can last quite some time! >.<

My dog, Cameron I've had him since I was 12, he always knows when I'm upset. I remember when I found out my granny was dying, he came over and sat down beside me, started licking me... I love him. He's starting to get really old and grey, it breaks my heart.

What do your pets do? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

My cat Beanie actually plays chasing, its sooooo much fun. When he figures out im trying to start a game his little face is so cute. He goes into stalker mode and we chase each other around the place until one of us is knackered (always me :D). Also when i call his name he " replies" with the cutest half meow/half purr thing as if goin "yeh, wha?"!

/still miss my dog though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭AlmostFamous

I remember I was lifting a mattress upstairs and I was near the top and was struggling a little and my dog grabbed the plastic sheeting on the mattress and helped me pull it to the top of the stairs. He is just such a character. If I'm sitting on the couch he will climb up my arm and shoulder and proceed to climb to top of the couch behind my head. He also snores sometimes which I find incredibly cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

Lola is in a mental hyper mood ATM.... Crawling into a crisp packet, leaping into the air, hopping around in circles.. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I have a new 12 week Mini Yorkie at home :) She tears around the place like mad after she gets her dinner in the evenings. It's gas to watch her, goes from one corner to the other in the kitchen/living room. Her back legs can't keep up with her front ones so she half falls over herself.

She plays fetch too - which at 12 weeks to me, is an achievement! I got her a tennis ball and she chases it and brings it back, I don't know how she manages it because it's the size of her head!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

*puts on bragging hat*

Harley does loads of cute things, which for a dog who isn't exactly cute looking is an achievement.

When we come in from anywhere, he literally wiggles agross the floor he's so excited. He then does "the cat", rubbing his was around our legs. Pushing as hard as he can against you (if you're not expecting it it nearly knocks you over)

He copies your tone, so if I tell him to speak in a loud voice, he'll bark, if I say it in a whisper he whines and if I say it in a growly voice he growls. Occasionally if I'm singing he'll whine or howl (doesn't say a lot for my singing :o)

If you ask him if he is tired he does a big fake yawn, complete with sound effects.

If you sing a certain song to him, he sticks his ass in the air.

When OH comes in and sits down he tries to burrow in under his arm. He also throws toys at you when he wants to play and is very tactile. He likes to lean into you when he's sitting down.

He robs things and hides them in the garden.

He automatically assumes any paper bag that comes into the house has to have something for him in it and he looks disapointed if it doesn't.

He loves being used as a pillow. picture.php?albumid=1146&pictureid=6547

*takes off bragging hat*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Just about everything Sammy does, he's a nearly 18 year old Jack Russell. Technically he belongs to my Granny next door but he was my dog first! :pac: He still lets everyone know when he wants out for a leak or when he wants to go for a spin in my uncle's van, legend. :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Mine becomes a fashion bítch ! Every now and then... when we are drunk !

1E0C4B8B51B54B52A26DED7F26F865E7-500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Both of our cats have varying levels of cuteness.

I've often woken up from a snooze on the sofa to find one of them sprawled on my chest and the other across my legs.

They also greet us at the front door every evening and try and open the front door!

The other night we woke up and one of them was stretched out on the bed between us with his head on the pillow!

So many stories....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

I love how my dog looks to me for protection and how he attempts to protect me in return. He absolutely hates the hoover when it's on and if my mam is hoovering he hides behind me and yet if myself and my mam/brother are messing around, he stands in front of me and barks if someone tries to grab me.

He also never leaves my side and will follow me everywhere in the house( except the toilet, cause he hates getting baths and avoids the bathroom like the plague, thinking he's going to be put in the bath) and he also sleeps on the floor in my room and refuses to leave it until i'm up, no matter how much the rest of the family tries to coax him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭i like lamp

when my dog is really happy e.g dinner time, he will wag his tail but while doing that he shakes his bum and changes from one back leg to the other when doing it all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

Our dog covers his nose with his paws if you blow on his face. It's is beyond cute - and you can nearly see him saying "oh no, here we go again" He also does it if he's trying to sleep and is being disturbed - even walking past him on top of the stairs is disturbing him!!!! You can see him start to stretch and look disgruntled and then he'll cover his nose with his paws, he usually rubs his paws back and forth and up over his eyes, but when things get really bad, he'll just lie there, nose and eyes hidden by paws!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

The dog we had growing up used to sleep in my bedroom, as soon as I went upstairs she'd follow me up. It got to the point that if she wanted to go to bed and I hadn't gone up she'd walk half way up and then just sit on the middle step until I went up!

My own dog is just not prepared to accept that he is not the leader of our pack.
    He loves playing, tug o'war, fetch etc... accept for if my nephews throw the ball for him, he will literally just stare at them as much to say.. you threw - you trek over there and get it! I think he is too important to fetch and carry for young pups!
    If the door to my Dads jeep is open both the dogs will jump in... the jeep + 'Grandad' can only mean a trip to the best place on Earth... the Bog! Doggie paradise.
    It's got to the point my Dad ends up taking the two dogs everywhere as it's easier than trying to get them out of the jeep.

Also, the sulks, if I have somehow not done what he expected of me (got home on time etc..) I will have to face a few hours of being ignored!!!!!

I know he sounds really badly behaved, but he was one very poorly treated young dude when I got him. His excuse for all bad behaviour now is that 'bad men hurt me'.... how can I be cross with him when he comes out with that defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Shortly after Christmas, my budgie suddenly developed the habit of biting my nose really hard, and has sometimes even drawn blood.

Wait a second, that's not very cute.

Preening eyebrows? Is it cute if he preens my eyebrows?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

My dog has a little plastic football about 3 inches across. She lies on her back with it in her mouth, brings her paws up to her mouth, throws it up in the air and catches it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭dezzyd

If I am about to start hoovering, my guy will pull the lead/plug away from hoover and down the hall to the socket (which is strange because once the hoover is turned on he will bark his head off at it). Also, other dog jumps into shower tray, barks till its puts on and then proceeds to run around like a wild thing trying to catch the water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

My Little Jack Russel absolutely adores her frisbees and when we are walking to the park she wears them around her neck like a necklace, she looks sooooo cute, especialy as she is tiny and the frisbee is quite big :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭Heroditas

dezzyd wrote: »
    If I am about to start hoovering, my guy will pull the lead/plug away from hoover and down the hall to the socket (which is strange because once the hoover is turned on he will bark his head off at it). Also, other dog jumps into shower tray, barks till its puts on and then proceeds to run around like a wild thing trying to catch the water!

One of our cats likes getting into the shower and splashes around in it before getting out when he begins to get wet.

Oh and while your dog may help to plug in the hoover, the very same cat will follow me around when I'm hoovering until I actually hoover him with the small bristle brush. He actually preens when I hoover him! Very funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

My doggie has LOADS of wierd little habits and funny behaviours.

I have never met any creature that loves a good poo as much as my dog- if shes in the garden and does a poo, we know because she bombs it into the house in a flurry of nails scraping on the floor and bashing into walls etc when she slips and slides around, running around the house for a few minutes, picking up socks and toys, and barking if you interact with her. When she poos on the lead, she does a little dance- scrapes at the grass with her back paws, throws her head back and flounces off to the full length of the extendilead!! Pooing just puts her in SUCH a good mood!!!

Apparently it's a cocker spaniel thing, but the range of noises she likes to make is very odd. Lots of Roos and wow wows and yaps and nownownows. Also, 'Howeya'.

She LOVES socks. When she wants to play, she takes socks off the radiator and throws them up into the air with a frolick. When WE want to play, all we have to do is put a sock hanging out of our back pocket and run. It actually sounds quite vicious, she does alot of snarling and jumping at you as she chases you, I'm sure the neighbours think she's savaging us! It's also quite scary (in a funny way) having her chase you, gets the adrenaline going! All she wants is the sock though :D

She sleeps with me, and at bed time, I usually give her a piece of carrot or mangetout when I'm doing my teeth, and then when I get into bed. As a result, as soon as I start to get ready (gather her bowl of water / my phone / my bag etc to bring upstairs) she immediately runs upstairs to wait in the bathroom for her first treat. It can be a bit odd for other people to find the dog sitting very alert, in the dark, in the bathroom. And she will not budge easily until she gets her treat, and has stayed put for up to half an hour in the past (when I get interrupted on my way...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

my cat does lots of very random things....

if i lie on the bed with my arm behind my head he will nestle right in beside me on his back and go to sleep.

a while back we had to encourage him to use his litter tray with small rewards and since then he goes into the little room where the tray is, sits still and emerges looking for treats - sometimes his tail is still sticking out the door! we say no, you have you use it so he walks back in, paws the litter so we can hear and comes out all proud again....on more than one occasion he went in and out of the room about seven times trying to earn another treat!

my mums dog absolutely loves high fiving people! she will stand on her back paws and jump for high fives whenever i see her... she also loves to play chasing around the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭zoeybelle

I have 5 fabulous guinea pigs (i started with 2 as a birthday present but picked up another 3 from pet shops along the line as they looked so badly treated i couldn't leave them) 2 smooth haired, 2 peruvian and an abyssiniyan (according to the breed books). When i take the 3 girls out to watch telly with me they insist on sitting on my shoulders so they can sqeek into my ears telling me all about their day and if i ignore the littleist one she sits on my chest and puts her paws on my face so i have to look at her while she sqeeks to me. They also love curling up on my lap having a snooze and when i open the front door coming in in the evening or the bedroom door in the morning they press themselves up against the walls of the cages and sqeek as loud as they can till they get attention or a treat! Also once it hits 7pm its their fresh veggie dinner time and the sqeeking starts and won't stop till they get fed! The worst neglected one is fine been picked up but hates being stroked but will press his nose against mine like a little nose kiss instead. I could go on all day about their little quirks they are all so individual and intelligent. I love my fabulous furry faced little pigs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Aww, this thread is so cute! My border collie, Blaze, is an absolute nut. I sometimes bring him up to this field near my house that another dog lives near (asking him where Speedy is makes him whine.. cruel, but so adoreable!), and when I let him off the lead he'll run into his 'friend's garden and bark at the door 'til he's let out!

He loves socks and teatowels.. if you're sitting down and he sees that you're wearing socks he'll creep up on you, pounce on your feet and nibble at your toes 'til he can pull it off. When he's hyper, he'll steal teatowels from the counter cause he knows that he'll get chased!

Only recently, which is weird cause I would have expected this behaviour in a puppy, but he's 4 now, he's started to steal food from the counter, so we can't leave anything out now. In the space of a month, he ate an entire boiled ham and chicken.

If you're in the sitting room and you're eating something, he'll jump up beside you, put his head on your lap and pretend to be asleep.. every now and again from the corner of your eye you can see him looking at you, but if you turn to look at him full on, he'll pretend to be asleep again! .. and then he fecks off when you're done eating.

He can high five you, speak on command, 'whisper' - i.e. bark reeeeeally quietly, and he learned how to twirl last week.

He knows that my mam doesn't like him in the house, so when he hears her leave the kitchen (we always have the back door open) and sees me inside, he'll creep in, but as soon as he hears her on her way back, he'll leg it back out before she comes back.

... I may love this dog waaaay too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

One of my cats actually comes over and taps me with his paw to let me no he wants attention. He also sneaks into the bedroom in the middle of the night and plonks himself on my chest. Not my dog but last night we out in the park and this golden retriever came up to us and stole my boyfriends bottle of coke and ran off, the little fecker actually managed to open the bottle and pour out the coke and drink it off the grass. Made us both chuckle and his owner :) I love pets there so much fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Our Shepherd is another one terrified of the hoover and the hairdryer.

When she is in the car if the window right beside her is not open she paws the side of the door until I open the window so she can stick her nose out! MAkes no difference if the other window is open, it HAS to be the one she wants! :p

Funniest thing she does is everytime and I mean EVERYTIME she hears an ambulance/police/fire siren she howls like a wolf. Even when they are on the TV :D

She's a loon :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

well the rabbits binkies around the garden,

and another thing is if im lying down thumpr insists on coming over and licking my face and eyebrows!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

If I'm lying on the couch watching TV, one of my king charles jumps onto my tummy every opportuntity he gets, he lies down ontop of me looking up into my eyes and then the fun begins........If I move my eyebrows up and down at him (like the dairy milk advert!) - he goes obsolutely mental - its so funny and he will try to grab my moving eyebrows with his mouth (very gently though!!). Its a big game to him, after abit of this he will jump off me and run like mad around the room - then if you stops and say 'I'm only messing' , he'll come speeding back and pounce up ontop of me again - kisses all over - especially the eyebrows. It's soo funny and all this time his brother is sitting back looking at him like he's a mad ejit - which he is of course!!!:D:D:D I did the whole eyebrow thing to him once and ever since he has statrted this craic of looking up at me, waiting for me to do it and play with him, tail going like crazy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 MACgirl

My cat thinks shes a dog :rolleyes:

She has a little grey mouse, well, she actually has about 10 little grey mice as I dont know where she puts them, but I seem to be buying a new one every week, anyway, when shes bored, she'll pick it up in her mouth, carry it to whereever I am and drop it at my feet, I throw it across the room, she picks it up again and brings it back. Its sooooo cute :P

She sometimes puts her paws in a cross over her face as well when shes sleeping, like shes hiding from something :P

Also, shes jet black, paws, nose everything, I kissed the top of her head this morning after brushing my teeth and she was running round all morning with a white ear, I know it was me who done it, but she still looked damn cute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Loving your post Zoebelle!! So sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

.SONIC. wrote: »
    well the rabbits binkies around the garden,

and another thing is if im lying down thumpr insists on coming over and licking my face and eyebrows!! :pac:

Awhhhh that sounds like the latest edition to our Adam's family! My BF and I got another bunny last week, he's TINY! Especially compared to Lola [they're both dwarfs]. He learned how to jump yesterday, like jumping off the couch and stuff, now he's able to master getting in and out of their cage! :)

If you lie down, or even just hold him, he will lick your nose and hands, just about anywhere really!! :)

And Monday morning, we woke up to the two of them running around playing together! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭DAWNRISER

One of our cats Teddy, thinks he can talk. Actually gets quite frustrated if you dont react properly for him. If you ask him what he wants he will either go to whatever door he wants to get in or out of, go to the cat food cupboard and chat if he's hungry, or run up to our bedroom if he's looking for a nap.
    But he will only lie up there if my hubbie lies with him. If hubbie leaves the room Teddy will follow him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

My dog goes apesh!it for Christmas crackers lol! Mam used to put them on the tree and made the mistake of leaving the door open.. Missy sauntered in and demolished the tree.. she looked like she had good craic though :pac:

Advertisement