Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-diy slim water butt

• 15-06-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Hi All, I am looking to collect rain water. I've been searching for slim water butts that don't require drilling or cutting any of the existing pipes but haven't found any. My landlord wasn't exactly thrilled when I mentioned the idea.

Now there is a part of the roof higher than the rest in our house. It was built to accommodate windows in the first floor/attic bedrooms and bathroom instead of velux. Its gutter has no pipe running down so the water runs free onto the original roof which has its own gutter and pipes reaching the ground. How could I collect that water? Can I run down a new pipe section, hose, diverter extension or something similar into the water butt? Would the overflowing mechanism work in this case (or could I make it work considering I am a newbie in diy matters)? Any ideas or better suggestions?

Comments

Advertisement