Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New snooker season starts next week

• 15-06-2010 3:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

The new snooker season starts next week and we're still in June!!
    The flagship snooker event of Barry Hearns new calendar starts fri next for three days. It is the first event of the players tour championship of which there will be twelve spread out over the season, with six held in Sheffield and the remainder on mainland Europe, the top 24 players from these twelve events will then go through to the final stage to be televised next march.

A total of 148 players have entered next weeks event, this number is made up of professional and amateur players, players included are O'Sullivan, Selby,Murphy, Maguire and Williams, noteable absentees are new world champion Neil Robertson who is currently enjoying an extended break after his season end exploits and John Higgins who is still awaiting the investigation into the recent match fixing allegations.

Professional snooker season beginning in June now that's certainly an improvement

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Definitely an improvement :) Theres a long road ahead, but at least the right man is at the helm. Given the bandwidth that sat tv offers these days, I hope we can soon watch some of these quali/pro v amateur events on tv in the coming years

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fiestapower

Cant say Im a fan of Mr Hearn..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Fiestapower...Can you back this up a bit more, What do you know about the man? why do you think this? im interested to know your points of arguement for that statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Fiestapower...Can you back this up a bit more, What do you know about the man? why do you think this? im interested to know your points of arguement for that statement.

Think it was just an irrelevant statement, made for the sake of it. Give Snooker five years, Hearn can turn it around, and has the support of most of the games elite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

EnterNow wrote: »
    Think it was just an irrelevant statement, made for the sake of it. Give Snooker five years, Hearn can turn it around, and has the support of most of the games elite.

Your right, I would go as far as to say, give snooker 3 years....Given the amount of events and prize money on offer now this year and next things are looking good. I reckon in 3 years there will be as much snooker on tv as there is golf right now ( i hope so :) )

I believe it is going to be harder for the like of hendry/o sullivan/maguire etc to hold on with all the new talent on it's way through the ranking system...

• Advertisement
Advertisement