Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History tomorrow...

• 15-06-2010 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭

What's being tipped? All I've heard is Mussolini, German foreign policy (as in, why Hitler went to war and all that) and The Moon Landing.

What about Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I wish I knew I'm freaking out.
    I've basically only done the case studies. Anybody else the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Victoria. wrote: »
    You should be ok for titles, as one will come up, but you run the risk of an awkwardly phrased question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Victoria. wrote: »

I haven't EVEN done the case studies :p At least I don't do French, like some poor sods! (most people) Although as soon as history finishes I gotta cram biology, art history, and German... Still! I will be SO HAPPY when history is over!!! Not that I dislike it, but because it's just such a scary exam...

By the way I think Ireland in WW2 is coming up for S&P. I'm putting most of my study emphasis on that anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

PRAYING Pop Culture comes up along with a birra Sunningdale. Ah just looking forward to this time tomorrow full stop(.)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭orlabobs

Oh I will be very happy when Hitstory's done. I mean, It's my fav subject, but boy is there alot to learn.

My bets are (as well as my hopes!):
    Sinn Fein
    Consolidating democracy
    Influence church on politics and state

Mussolini
    Anti Semitism
    Church state relations germany and italy
    foreign policy germany
    britain (maybe society ww2)

US economy
    Moon Landing
    Mont Bus Boycott

Oh and for some reason, I think Colraine will make a shock appearance. Or sunningdale, but I think they'll want to stay away from the obvious...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 madraglic

zam wrote: »
    I haven't EVEN done the case studies :p At least I don't do French, like some poor sods! (most people) Although as soon as history finishes I gotta cram biology, art history, and German... Still! I will be SO HAPPY when history is over!!! Not that I dislike it, but because it's just such a scary exam...

By the way I think Ireland in WW2 is coming up for S&P. I'm putting most of my study emphasis on that anyway!

i agree ireland in ww2 and i think cosgrave years

i fancy anglo american culture in topic three!!! never come up and its so easy!!!

Will I be okay with the Nazis, Mussolini, and Britain for D&D? Bit of a risk but I suppose I'm better off just keeping it at that at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Cumann ngaed democracy might be up this year as its been up every 2years since new course
    People are waiting for 1916 rising still
    Sunningdale!!!
    If this exam doesnt go my way - im repeating as its one of my high grade subjects to get me points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

CnG
    Civil war.
    Rise of SF
    Eucharistic congress and Irish language/Culture

Mussolini
    Facist church relations
    Jarrow March
    Anti semitism

Rise of the American Economy
    Truman
    Moonlanding
    And peeps say the bus boybott so might throw that in.

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Cumann ngaed democracy might be up this year as its been up every 2years since new course
    People are waiting for 1916 rising still
    Sunningdale!!!
    If this exam doesnt go my way - im repeating as its one of my high grade subjects to get me points

Me too, I'll be so depressed if it goes badly. I think that's why I'm so scared about it - I'm putting loads of pressure on myself that I HAVE to get an A1, so if it turns out badly I'll be so disappointed! I think a lot of people are the same... Hence the dread :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

zam wrote: »
    Me too, I'll be so depressed if it goes badly. I think that's why I'm so scared about it - I'm putting loads of pressure on myself that I HAVE to get an A1, so if it turns out badly I'll be so disappointed! I think a lot of people are the same... Hence the dread :P

got a B in the pre for doin f1ck all so,,i really wanted that A1
    Im waiting for dinner atm (chicken tonight lads ;))
    But i wanted a A1 in his espiecally so it would up my points but im sitting here freaking about WHAT to learn. I dont wanna learn stuff that wont be there, naturally like everyone else :rolleyes: LC is the worst system EVER

Top it off : I have french in the morning :O

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fairyprincessx

this is gonna sound so random...but you know the way that the report on bloody sunday was issued today?? would it be ok to put it in my context answer (providing the question is relevant)?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I will pray for everyone doing history tommorow.

I'm probably going to repeat again. praying that 3 Bs will get me into Aberdeen... History is one of my B subjects.

I'm ****ed for drench havnt studied it all day... Too much history to do. Considering pulling an all nighter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

this is gonna sound so random...but you know the way that the report on bloody sunday was issued today?? would it be ok to put it in my context answer (providing the question is relevant)?
    That whole issue was going on right through the year , including the time when the paper was made.Hence, I reckon the Apprentice Boys of Derry might show up , and in the contextualisation Q you could mention it if you mention Bloody Sunday

Yes! Thanks for the tip!
    fufureida wrote: »
    I will pray for everyone doing history tommorow.

I'm probably going to repeat again. praying that 3 Bs will get me into Aberdeen... History is one of my B subjects.

I'm ****ed for drench havnt studied it all day... Too much history to do. Considering pulling an all nighter...

Don't worry, you can definitely get a B! None of this negative talk, don't be worrying!
    I wouldn't pull an all nighter, history is impossible on little sleep! Your performance in that 3 hours is just as important as how much you know so make sure you're in good form! I'm gonna study until around 10 and then get up at 6 or 7 - at least then I'll have a decent bit of sleep I suppose. Tempted for the all nighter myself at this stage though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Question:

What I the battle of the bogside and what is bloody Sunday.

I have the bogside mentioned in my ABOD essays but not Bloody Sunday...:/

fufureida wrote: »
    Question:

What I the battle of the bogside and what is bloody Sunday.

I have the bogside mentioned in my ABOD essays but not Bloody Sunday...:/

Bloody Sunday isn't really important so I wouldn't worry. Basically http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1972)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NR

Ireland Topic 3: Eucharistic Congress, 1916, Cosgrave Years, Free State/Northern Ireland in WW2
    Case Studies: All of them, Coleraine and Apprentice Boys of Derry aren't too much bother to get through.

And for the others:
    Europe Topic 2: I just know Bismarck, Wilhelm II, and Germany's economy, and that should be fine for one essay
    Europe Topic 3: Church/State Tensions, Anti-Semitism in Germany, Purges/Show Trials

That's what I've gathered from wandering around the internet and notes I've gotten from different courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭YungJoshy

I havnt looked at anything from Northern Ireland as the answers will be in the documents. Will I get away with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 milk two sugars

CnaG and FF economic and social policies
    eucharistic congress

russia stalin/lenin
    nuremberg rallies
    britain in ww11

vietnam
    moon landing
    american foreign poicy

sunningdale/coleraine

• Advertisement

Is History still the 3 hours 20 mins exam it used to be where you had to write about 40 pages?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Mau5

Im looking at only being able to answer essays with about 4 paragraphs excluding into + conclusion then just refaring back to the question loads to squeeze marks out of it!

hopefully got about 15% for research project if not more, then say 10-15 % out of the document then about 10% from the other questions...

Id be chuffed just not failing it at this stage TBH:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ceol18

if anything political comes up, there's a chance i might just fall asleep during the exam....it's just so so unbearabley DULL :/:/:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SEInvincible

i heard Facism , Vietnam and Eucharisric Congress, nothing solid though obv.

Everyone is sayin sunningdale:(

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

=[

YungJoshy wrote: »
    I havnt looked at anything from Northern Ireland as the answers will be in the documents. Will I get away with this?

Em... No...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Yeah I'm mostly worried about timeing.

In the pres I only got 3 of the 4 questions done...Finish the 3 litrally on the last second!

Seloth wrote: »
    Yeah I'm mostly worried about timeing.

In the pres I only got 3 of the 4 questions done...Finish the 3 litrally on the last second!

I know me too! 40 minutes is just not enough!! I have to be really disciplined, no matter where I am in the essay I force myself to stop after exactly 40 minutes and move on. Tis the only way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 cweeva

scared :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

It's going to be rough.

Advertisement