Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History tomorrow...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

It's going to be rough.

Tis fair to say. But at least once it's over, well... :D

Actually I'll have to run straight home and study biology and art history...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

It definitely is going to be rough. Haven't opened the book all year, so I'm just going to cram with Revisewise on the topics mentioned most frequently in this thread :(

Is is really necessary to do all the Northern stuff? It's only on the documents and most people could probably waffle them with a bit of contextual knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Its will be bad
    But my plan is to remain calm as long as i get a honour i be happy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DayTripper

Scan Man wrote: »
    Is is really necessary to do all the Northern stuff? It's only on the documents and most people could probably waffle them with a bit of contextual knowledge.

I'm kind of thinking the same. I mean, they basically hand you the marks for the first two parts of the documents, the third is just showing you have a general understanding of it and Contextualisation is the only 'rough' part of it, as such.

Fingers crossed I didn't just jinx it for tomorrow... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jenjenxx

what could dey ask on coleraine??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

Considering I've been winging it all year, I can't see why that tactic is going to fail me tomorrow :D I'd like to get as high a grade as I can, but I'm out of the Points race at this stage but it's my own fault, probably an eternity of PLC courses lie in the not so distant future!

I think I'll do a very rough look over the Northern stuff and focus on the essays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kfpt

does anyone else think that the american economy will appear???

or the moon landing?

and what are ye doin for irish topic ??

cumann na gaedhal nd al that crap?!?!?!..i havnt even lookd at that:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

kfpt wrote: »
    does anyone else think that the american economy will appear???

or the moon landing?

and what are ye doin for irish topic ??

cumann na gaedhal nd al that crap?!?!?!..i havnt even lookd at that:(

God I hope so! Doing Ireland in WW2, pretty sure it'll come up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

If it makes you feel any better, kfpt, I haven't hardly looked at anything. Have Hitler's foreign policy, so far, and that's literally it.

Shall probably do the church state affairs in Italy, and have a working knowledge of both Germany and Russia. For America, shall probably do the Mongtomery bus boycott, race relations, poverty, and troubled affluence. Vietnam and America's foreign policy, too. For Irish, the CnG government between 22 - 23. Economic/foreign policy, and Anglo Irish relations. Oh, and a case study.

If I can manage it all in, of course.

Eeeep.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

just learnt 3 essays in 2 and a half hours im really taking a big gamble on just learning 3 hopefully it shall pay off
    Sunningdale better come up aswe or i'll probably just laugh if it doesnt:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

yeah same ive learned off a sinn fein election essay and and cumman na g and ff essay
    need to look at other topics now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Is anyone getting up really early to do study?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

Yep, infact, I'm getting up in 6 hours from now to start studying... Because I haven't even started. I'm one of those guys who leaves everything to the last minute and crams everything into my head just before the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jenjenxx

6 in da morn!ha! ugh da tots!
    i bet der gona put coleraine up, dey prob wud hav assumed dat we'd think sunningdale, (i hope im wrong doe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kfpt

ill b joining ya at 6 !

need to do irish history badly

and french aswell ffs!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Tony1130

Im up at 8 get a cup of tea with some toast and relax till 9:
    9-10:Go over Us Foreign Policy/Domestic policy ( inc vietnam )
    10-10:30:Go over Sunningdale since coleraine is easy enuf
    10:30-11:30:Go over Stalin + purges
    11:30-1:30: Go over Moon Landings + Info Tech (havent studied this yet) then ill leave for test hopefully get at least 1 good essay ... 1 good essay + documents + project = pass :) if i get 2 good essays ill be rly happy and 3 gd essays ill probably get sick

My hopes : Stalin & or Lenin,1912-1916 or economic policies of FF and C na G or at least SF rise to power, Vietnam, or even better,domestic policy as it is so easy to bs about mccarthyism and anti-war movement :D

Gl im gonna start to study the irish book now till 3 . 30 only 4 . 30 hrs sleep sadly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

Im not worried about the exam, Im just worried about my poor fecking right hand! Its going to be murdered after writing 12-15 pages in 3 hours, jeez!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Good luck everyone. Hear's hoping for 3 nice essays for everyone:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

Am I the only one that woke up at 7am to study, then told myself "A good Leaving Cert needs their rest" and went back to bed? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

Can you change levels on the day? I'd hope so because I have French first thing at half nine my mind will be messed up after it. Is this any way possible?for the research topic can't the examiner just mark you out of an ordinary level percentage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭Mazda

CasualLiKE wrote: »
    Can you change levels on the day? I'd hope so because I have French first thing at half nine my mind will be messed up after it. Is this any way possible?for the research topic can't the examiner just mark you out of an ordinary level percentage?

As far I as know thats ok because my teacher was always telling the people doing pass not to worry if their RSR was too long because the examiner wouldn't know if they had just dropped down to pass before the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

Does the examiner negatively mark if the topic seemed to go above the allocated limit? And thanks slot mazda!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RomyF

eucharistic congress
    belfast bombing
    mussolini
    show trials
    sunningdale agreement
    moonlanding/technology
    racism

if u in ordinary learn the facts of all, no need to be insanely indepth, but dont over estimate yourself. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RomyF

Tony1130 wrote: »
    Im up at 8 get a cup of tea with some toast and relax till 9:
    9-10:Go over Us Foreign Policy/Domestic policy ( inc vietnam )
    10-10:30:Go over Sunningdale since coleraine is easy enuf
    10:30-11:30:Go over Stalin + purges
    11:30-1:30: Go over Moon Landings + Info Tech (havent studied this yet) then ill leave for test hopefully get at least 1 good essay ... 1 good essay + documents + project = pass :) if i get 2 good essays ill be rly happy and 3 gd essays ill probably get sick

My hopes : Stalin & or Lenin,1912-1916 or economic policies of FF and C na G or at least SF rise to power, Vietnam, or even better,domestic policy as it is so easy to bs about mccarthyism and anti-war movement :D

Gl im gonna start to study the irish book now till 3 . 30 only 4 . 30 hrs sleep sadly :(

i REALLY like Tony :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DayTripper

CasualLiKE wrote: »
    Does the examiner negatively mark if the topic seemed to go above the allocated limit?

Yeah, they can do, I think. A girl in my class dropped down after the mocks and had to cut a good chunk out of her extended essay because the word limit in Ordinary is only 800 (or thereabouts).

You never know, they might have something in place to mark it within the frame of marks given to Ordinary? It wouldn't be very fair to dock someone when they drop down after submitting their topic and can do nothing to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I got up at 6am to study, after studying till eleven yesterday night, and everything I did came up! I was delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Was happy enough with the paper. My best essay was the US one.

My worst one was the Irish one. did partition, but made a balls of it chronologically and got a few facts muddled up at the end.

Did a good European one on Stalin, but Im still a bit worried, because I realised after it that I didn't link the word "effective" as much as I should? Will I get penalised marks? I linked in the words "internal" and "external" a lot, and commented on his policies being a success or failure, but only mentioned how effective they were a few times. Will this affect my grade???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Was happy enough with the paper. My best essay was the US one.

My worst one was the Irish one. did partition, but made a balls of it chronologically and got a few facts muddled up at the end.

Did a good European one on Stalin, but Im still a bit worried, because I realised after it that I didn't link the word "effective" as much as I should? Will I get penalised marks? I linked in the words "internal" and "external" a lot, and commented on his policies being a success or failure, but only mentioned how effective they were a few times. Will this affect my grade???

Yes slightly, but not to a huge amount. They just want to see that you understand the question. You'll get all your marks for content though if your content was correct it's just the "om" mark that you'll be missing out on a bit, but it shouldn't be too much!:)

As for the paper itself I thought it was brilliant!!:D I'm just so glad it's over now, and everything I studied came up, hurrah!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

AllInOne wrote: »
    Yes slightly, but not to a huge amount. They just want to see that you understand the question. You'll get all your marks for content though if your content was correct it's just the "om" mark that you'll be missing out on a bit, but it shouldn't be too much!:)

As for the paper itself I thought it was brilliant!!:D I'm just so glad it's over now, and everything I studied came up, hurrah!:)
    Ah sh*te. History is my best subject and I don't usually make mistakes like that. I know it's not a massive error but I'd love an A2, so it's touch and go now....

• Advertisement
Advertisement