Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking HTC desire

Options
  • 15-06-2010 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

according to my local 02 shop the unlock codes for the desire havnt been released.

they couldn give me a possible date (as it took two year for the iphone) so is it pointless trying to unlock a htc desire?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Nekro Man wrote: »
    according to my local 02 shop the unlock codes for the desire havnt been released.

they couldn give me a possible date (as it took two year for the iphone) so is it pointless trying to unlock a htc desire?

After discussing this subject in the Android forum, it seems that Android HTC handsets, such as the HTC Desire, come factory unlocked. You should test a non-O2 sim in your handset and see if your handset is unlocked; if you haven't done so already that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

Rsaeire wrote: »
    After discussing this subject in the Android forum, it seems that Android HTC handsets, such as the HTC Desire, come factory unlocked. You should test a non-O2 sim in your handset and see if your handset is unlocked; if you haven't done so already that is.

thing is i cant afford to shell out for a handset at €400 only to have it not work. What are the chances they'd let me try it before i pay for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Nekro Man wrote: »
    thing is i cant afford to shell out for a handset at €400 only to have it not work. What are the chances they'd let me try it before i pay for it?

I thought you already had the handset. If you want, you could post in the Android forums asking if any O2 customer recently bought a HTC Desire and whether it was unlocked by default or not. Bar that, you could always confirm with O2 customer care or O2 retail, as they should know.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I thought you already had the handset. If you want, you could post in the Android forums asking if any O2 customer recently bought a HTC Desire and whether it was unlocked by default or not. Bar that, you could always confirm with O2 customer care or O2 retail, as they should know.

i've been through the android forum and ther are a lot of stories of people getting a desire and they are unlocked despite being told they are locked by 02, i asked in my local shop today and they said they were locked to 02 sims

Advertisement