Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendations Please: Building a tank

• 15-06-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Will soon seek builders to quote for fitting in a slurry tank. Have you built a tank in recent years and have you any recommendations on who to call or equally who to avoid? I'm based in the north east so please keep them to that area if possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

is it a slatted tank or an over ground tank you are doing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DagneyTaggart

It's an existing shed with largely solid floor. The job would involve digging out the shed and putting in a slatted tank. Know of anyone you'd recommend Whelan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

The most important thing IMO is that you get a good, pragmatic engineer to look at the job upfront. Converting a shed is a good use of existing resources, but it's a job that would make me nervous. That said, I excavated a tank within 8 feet of the external wall of an existing shed in 2006 and the builder knew exactly what he was doing as regards stabilising that wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

How about putting slats over the existing floor (if it's good enough) and putting scrapers underneath.

Might be a cheap option, especially if you have existing spare storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DagneyTaggart

That crossed my mind too Pakalasa and having given it more thought it seems like a realistive option. Have you an idea on what it would cost for a say 25 meter scraper? And again feel free to recommend someone if you've had a good experience.

• Advertisement
Advertisement