Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yorkshire pudding recipe

Options
  • 15-06-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Was wondering if anyone has a good traditional recipe for making yorkshire pudding that they can share with me :) Thinking of cooking roast beef this weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Here is one I used recently

1 cup plain flour, sifted
    2 eggs, lightly whisked
    300ml milk
    60g lard (or oil if no lard)

Preheat oven to 220°C
    add flour to a large bowl, then add the eggs, milk and ½ tsp salt,
    hisking until smooth and aerated, this is a batter, should be as consistent as cream, not too thick otherwise won't rise, too thin and will collapse
    Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.

divide the lard evenly between 6 holes of a 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan. Place the pan in the oven for 5 minutes - important, moulds must be hot!
    Carefully remove the pan and evenly divide the batter between each hole (should be about ¾ full). Return to the oven and cook for 20 minutes without opening the oven door.
    Remove puddings from the oven and drain off the fat.
    Turn them upside down in the tray and return to the oven for a couple of minutes to crisp up the bases, this will prevent them going soggy!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

hussey wrote: »
    Here is one I used recently

1 cup plain flour, sifted
    2 eggs, lightly whisked
    300ml milk
    60g lard (or oil if no lard)

Preheat oven to 220°C
    add flour to a large bowl, then add the eggs, milk and ½ tsp salt,
    hisking until smooth and aerated, this is a batter, should be as consistent as cream, not too thick otherwise won't rise, too thin and will collapse
    Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.

divide the lard evenly between 6 holes of a 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan. Place the pan in the oven for 5 minutes - important, moulds must be hot!
    Carefully remove the pan and evenly divide the batter between each hole (should be about ¾ full). Return to the oven and cook for 20 minutes without opening the oven door.
    Remove puddings from the oven and drain off the fat.
    Turn them upside down in the tray and return to the oven for a couple of minutes to crisp up the bases, this will prevent them going soggy!

Made these tonight. Had to use butter instead of oil or lard but the result was amazing.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

I always use the Yorkshire pudding recipe from Jamie Oliver's Ministry of food book:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/jamie-olivers-yorkshire-puddings-397360

Advertisement