Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business HL

• 15-06-2010 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Overall I was very happy with it, nothing too taxing at all came up.

The short questions were dead handy!

Delighted!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Short questions were a doddle, ABQ was handy enough. Long questions were as per usual p***y. But overall, pretty happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I thought I got on fairly well,but thought it was a kind of weird paper. Much harder than usual years,and the questions asked in a tougher way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RooneySRFC

Was delighted coming out of this today. Short questions were very handy, except the Articles of Association one, hadn't a clue. Just made a guess.

Thought the ABQ was very handy as well. Just about got the final question done, mainly due to the fact the examiner gave me an extra two minutes at the end :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I thought it was dreadful, argh! I didn't even know one full question and I was hoping for an A. The short questions were grand but the rest just didn't go my way : (

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

i needed more time lol
    some how i thought i had an extra hour and i had to rush :'(
    but i liked the questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Was a LOVELY paper.

Made one or two little mistakes on the short questions, got the articles of association mixed up with the memorandum of association but I did all 10 short questions very well so I should be covered!

On time; with business as always time is extremely scarce, barely got the whole paper done in time but managed to write 22 pages of solid relevant content :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

I always though time was the biggest problem in Business...I only got 3 long questions done. 60 marks out the door straight away! The paper was handy enough though so it'll be grand i'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I thought it was dreadful, argh! I didn't even know one full question and I was hoping for an A. The short questions were grand but the rest just didn't go my way : (
    My thoughts exactly...cept I wanted a B. FFS. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

unreal. has to be the hardest business paper I've ever done. my hand is mangled after that and now I have write out biology notes:(
    (btw, did everyone else write 4 pages for the ABQ, or did I go overboard?)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

hand is in agony after that . . cant bare to face history 2mro f**k sake:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

btw that ratio question was handy for them marks lol
    to bad i only got 2 ratios

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

the ABQ took me a way too long as well, thats my A1 ****ed after that anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

Finical wrote: »

Don't be worrying too much.

Many of my pupils came out of the exam last year saying they "aced it" and were quite arrogant. They got B3s / Cs.

The girls who felt they messed it up got A2, A2, B2,!! You can never, ever tell what result you'll get so keep the chin up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Q1 and 5 were easy enough. Q4 was good bar (B). Didn't study it but managed to waffle. Q7 I completely waffled.

Only thing I didn't get done is ABQ (B)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Short answers and the ABQ were a doddle. Was not happy with the long answers, was hoping for an A before hand but would love a B now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

teacher30 wrote: »

Many of my pupils came out of the exam last year saying they "aced it" and were quite arrogant. They got B3s / Cs.

The girls who felt they messed it up got A2, A2, B2,!! You can never, ever tell what result you'll get so keep the chin up!!
    I'm fairly certain mine wasn't great...not to mention I just done bullet points for last question as time was gone. Hopefully I get a B3 somehow, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

Pretty great paper I thought, definitely did a whole grade higher than I was expecting. Did minimal study for business but was lucky the questions just fell my way! :)

Thought a few of them were asked a bit oddly but managed to answer everything.

Hand's in bits though! Filled every right-hand page in the answer booklet plus a couple extra sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Finical wrote: »

Couldn't believe when I looked at the paper, I learned so many questions and answers but those questions were just horrible, fingers crossed it doesn't turn out too badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Knowing that I didn't study I reckon it was easy hard. It required thinking. In my opinion it was the hardest in years. I exected conflict in question it didn't come up insurance terms didnt show up.

All of you'll agree that's it was hard. This is the first time that 3 acts have come up in a single question for that reason I skipped question 1.

The inernatiinal the envoironment was weird. How they phrased the question ws strange. I totally forgot what balance of trade and payment are.

The ABQ was not bad.
    Th shirt questions were okay.

I did question 7 the C required good thinking.

Overall I'll be suprised at what I will get. I'm expecting either B1 - A2.
    If I get an A1. I'll appeal it

anything below B2 I'll be taking the state commision to court. Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Smonocco

Overall, I probably did better in the mocks but I was able to put something down for all the questions and I shud make make up for it in other subjects. The short questions weren't too bad and the a.b.q. wasn't too dificult either.I got a bit stuck for time on the last few questions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

They love bullet points in LC Business! They don't like long paragraphs.
    I'd say you've done very well.
    Focus on your next exam now and i wish you the best of luck. Overall, many people found it long and hard, so please take heart from that and don't beat yourself up!!

James

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hon pa

No characteristics of a manager/entrapreneur for part (a) of the ABQ.. bastards..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

nice paper did all short qquestions and question 2 3 5 6 so was happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

Thought it was alright. ABQ and the short qs were ok. Some parts of the long questions were a bit tricky but nothing too bad. Did 2,4,5,6. Left out 1 cuz I haven't looked at the acts in ages and it's not something you can BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

In part (C) of the ABQ, how did ye say that the management skills could help her save her business?

Is didnt really know what parts to quote for that..

Also, did you use examples in most of the long qs? I felt I wouldnt have time so just put them in the 'illustrate' and 'using examples' ones, will i lose marks?

Hoping for an A2 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I thought the paper was kinda hard! It was definetly harder than last year. I was really hoping for an A but....I think I only managed a C....:(
    I am actually doing way worse than last year so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

teacher30 wrote: »

You again? You said the exact same thing more or less after Maths. What do you want us to do? Come out and jump on the "aw man I'm fcuked I done ****e" bandwagon? I reckon I "aced" it more or less, are you saying I'll get a worse result than thise who "messed up"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

hon pa wrote: »
    No characteristics of a manager/entrapreneur for part (a) of the ABQ.. bastards..

Was it not nearly the same thing though for intrapreneur?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

SantryRed wrote: »
    Was it not nearly the same thing though for intrapreneur?

Exactly the same the only difference is that's is intra as to ENTRE.

Characteristics the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Exactly the same the only difference is that's is intra as to ENTRE.

Characteristics the same.

When would you have wrote about the characteristics?

Advertisement