Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business HL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

stainluss wrote: »
    When would you have wrote about the characteristics?

Mate I can't remember but the scone part of the ABQ dealt with intrapreneurial activities.

I don't think characterisitics came up as I ddidnt write anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

Sophsxxx wrote: »
    I thought the paper was kinda hard! It was definetly harder than last year. I was really hoping for an A but....I think I only managed a C....:(
    I am actually doing way worse than last year so far!

know exactly how u feel... did nothing for business last yr nd got a C1 did way more this yr nd defo did worse than that...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I never wrote anything about intrapreneurs activites. I'm sure it said how the company benefited from intrapreneurship. I'm not certain though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 vicksterchick

Short questions were grand, but my time went all out of control after that. :( Got the first bit of the ABQ done and thought, "I'm not going to get this all done by five." So, I went onto the third section and wrote a bunch of rushed crap. Fourth question was mainly composed of short-hand notes and bullet points, a desperate last attempt at getting some marks.

So, so disappointed. Nice paper, but my timing was all screwed up. I was hoping for a high C, too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Finical wrote: »
    I never wrote anything about intrapreneurs activites. I'm sure it said how the company benefited from intrapreneurship. I'm not certain though.

Ya that's how I remember it too..... I was worried there for a second!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

Yes that was it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SEInvincible

what a dirty c**t of a paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Yeah you didn't have to write about charachteristics afaik. It just said something about how intraprenuership has benifited the hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

So so so annoyed with the long questions. Short and ABQ were grand like most are saying but I struggled through nearly every long question. :(

• Advertisement

:(suprised at your reactions i thought it was really tough.

i just wasnt up for it at all today, didn't write enough and i didnt know them in general. i got 49 and 58 in me two mocks but i'm gonna me lower tham that.

So so so annoyed with the long questions. Short and ABQ were grand like most are saying but I struggled through nearly every long question. :(

agreed.

i just wasnt on the ball at all today .

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Quick question :p

does anyone remember what answer they got for the debt equity ratio on question 5 b (iv) ???

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Stryderman wrote: »
    Quick question :p

does anyone remember what answer they got for the debt equity ratio on question 5 b (iv) ???

0.6:1

• Registered Users Posts: 49 The Cool One

I thought it was OK. THe short questions as many said was were quite easy, but the ABQ was tougher than I've done before and I was heavily stuck for time for the long questions. I reckon I did enough for a high B though.

After 6 hours 20 minutes of exams today, my hand hurts like hell. Thank god for the day off tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Did you guys write much for the advice q after the ratios?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Short Q'S and the ABQ were grand.. section 3 was a struggle at times though. Only wrote 11 pages in total :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 UndertheMatt

Business....

Awh i didnt think it was that hard, just asked a bit different years but i struggled through it.... hopefully twas good enough :cool: Wrote to the last page, nearly considered asking for more paper thought better of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

stainluss wrote: »
    Did you guys write much for the advice q after the ratios?

2 A4s and a small bit.

I thought it was fair overall. The ABQ was delicious,IMO. It tested my highlighting skills to the max!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

2 A4s and a small bit.

I thought it was fair overall. The ABQ was delicious,IMO. It tested my highlighting skills to the max!

WHAT THE HELL what was the point in writing 2 a4 pages for part (iii) of that question:eek:! i wrote half a page for that was only 20 marks like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

I thought the short questions were pretty rotten...most of them were bits of units we only barely covered. Just lucky on some of them. Hopefully it went okay though. Rest of the paper was grand enough, but like other people have said I think it was asked in quite a weird way! So glad it's over now though :)

2 A4s and a small bit.
    For 20 marks?!:eek:

What was the advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I just realised I answered on management activities rather than skills. Breath breath...it's all good!. Hopeful of B1+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Reillyman wrote: »
    You again? You said the exact same thing more or less after Maths. What do you want us to do? Come out and jump on the "aw man I'm fcuked I done ****e" bandwagon? I reckon I "aced" it more or less, are you saying I'll get a worse result than thise who "messed up"?
    Reillyman, get some manners or find a different site to use.

The man isn't insulting you or anyone else, he's simply saying that those who think they have done brilliantly are sometimes somewhat disappointed with their result, while those who panic and think the worst are sometimes pleasantly surprised.

Fact of life tbh.

No-one is saying that you didn't do well, nobody is saying that you shouldn't be pleased, take a chill pill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lookingfor?

guys i got 64 % in my mocks with 6 pages
    come on 24 pages thats a joke

i done 8 today
    2 for the ABQ
    1.5 pages per long Q

by the ways yous go on you then 20 pages for links
    every one i have been chating to has done the more our the same as me

i got 340 points in my mocks and if i get that agan i am happy i only need 300 any way

but when your older you will look back at this with your 30 year old virgins and say what did i do wrong

its only school there must be something wrong with you if you love school

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

madlad88 wrote: »
    WHAT THE HELL what was the point in writing 2 a4 pages for part (iii) of that question:eek:! i wrote half a page for that was only 20 marks like

I know, it was way too much! I had loads of time though. In the mocks i only wrote 3/4 page for a similiar question and I got like 18/20, so you'll be grand! I hated those trends though. It's usually that they go from from good to bad , but today they were all over the place!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

Reillyman wrote: »
    You again? You said the exact same thing more or less after Maths. What do you want us to do? Come out and jump on the "aw man I'm fcuked I done ****e" bandwagon? I reckon I "aced" it more or less, are you saying I'll get a worse result than thise who "messed up"?

You might do but i'm not marking the paper this year so i can't make any comment either way. I hope i never make contact with you in "the real world" - you're quite aggressive and obnoxious. I came on here to give people some hope and to encourage them. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

Reillyman, get some manners or find a different site to use.

The man isn't insulting you or anyone else, he's simply saying that those who think they have done brilliantly are sometimes somewhat disappointed with their result, while those who panic and think the worst are sometimes pleasantly surprised.

Fact of life tbh.

No-one is saying that you didn't do well, nobody is saying that you shouldn't be pleased, take a chill pill.

Thanks! I appreciate that msg!! Best of luck with the rest of your exams!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

teacher30 wrote: »
    Thanks! I appreciate that msg!! Best of luck with the rest of your exams!
    Thanks!! :D

• Advertisement

today they were all over the place!:(
    Not to keep talking about the same question, but did they not get worse today from 08-09?

I might have done them wrong

Advertisement