Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business HL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

I got an A in the pres and wanted one in this too.
    The paper was definitely trickier than I had expected.
    Short questions were okay.

ABQ, I'm not sure about. It's hard to know how you did. I did a bit of bull****ting for some of the questions.

The Long questions were hit and miss.
    For the first time ever, I skipped Q1. The acts looked hard, I wasn't certain of them.

So, I did Q3 instead. Thought it was okay.

And I did Q5,6,7 too.
    Ratios question was handy. (I think)
    Did everyone else get decreasing ratios from the previous year yeah?

Overall I'd estimate:

Short Questions: 60/80
    ABQ: 60/80
    Long Questions: 200/240

Which adds up to 320/400
    Is that 80%?
    I probably wouldn't have taken that before hand, but considering how tricky it was, I guess I'll take it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

Yeah all my ratios were decreasing.

Cool. ;)
    That was a really handy question.

For performance appraisal I just said: It was good to spot promotion candidates.
    It motivates empolyees. And increases morale.
    Hopefully they're okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

teacher30 wrote: »
    You might do but i'm not marking the paper this year so i can't make any comment either way. I hope i never make contact with you in "the real world" - you're quite aggressive and obnoxious. I came on here to give people some hope and to encourage them. Good luck.

Right, sorry if I came across as agressive or obnoxious.

What I meant was, is that what your saying is in bad taste. You said that people who think they done poorly usually do better than they thought, fair enough, but what I don't understand is how people who thought they done really well actually did worse than those people?

Maybe then you could give me some advice/explanation on how that logic works, because now you've got me thinking "well maybe he's right."?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Some of those questions were so weird and confusing :S

Not the worst paper ever, but not the nicest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Reillyman wrote: »
    Right, sorry if I came across as agressive or obnoxious.

What I meant was, is that what your saying is in bad taste. You said that people who think they done poorly usually do better than they thought, fair enough, but what I don't understand is how people who thought they done really well actually did worse than those people?

Maybe then you could give me some advice/explanation on how that logic works, because now you've got me thinking "well maybe he's right."?

And he is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

I know, it was way too much! I had loads of time though. In the mocks i only wrote 3/4 page for a similiar question and I got like 18/20, so you'll be grand! I hated those trends though. It's usually that they go from from good to bad , but today they were all over the place!:(

im afraid you got the trends wrong so if you thought they were all over the place,,,every trend went from good to bad...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 laurenD

oh god i only just realised in the ABQ part C i got the management skills of leading communicating and motivating mixed up with bloody managing characteristics! i said she was pro active, charismatic and hardworking...what are the chances that theyll give me any marks?...the thought of losing the full 30 kills me!

laurenD wrote: »
    oh god i only just realised in the ABQ part C i got the management skills of leading communicating and motivating mixed up with bloody managing characteristics! i said she was pro active, charismatic and hardworking...what are the chances that theyll give me any marks?...the thought of losing the full 30 kills me!

****. That sucks so much. :(
    Unfortunately I don't think you can really get any of the marks.
    Well, maybe pro-active would fall under leading. You might get a couple. Hardworking could fall under leading aswell maybe.
    Depends on what examiner you have, but I would say a max of 10/30 if you're REALLY lucky. :(

I just realised I did the management activities instead of skills :(( god dammit.
    And I remember thinking when I read the question "make sure you don't get the skills and activities mixed up"...and then I started talking about the activities. Oh well.

• Advertisement

Crap, man. :(
    It's only 7%....which isn't an AWFUL lot, to be honest. You could be okay. ;)

7% is an awful lot if you want an A1...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 leavingcert92

is it just me or does anyone think that the timing for business is ridiculous? I dont know why they didnt add on another 20mins like they did for english irish and history?? and I'm a fast writer usually always finished before exams end but not for business!

3 hours seems like a long time but it felt like I was in there for 1!

My hand is in absolute bits after doing that... barely finished everything... the stuff i did manage to do is bull crap....:(

but it's over now!:D

Well yeah, it's definitely one of the most stressful exams in terms of timing. An extra 20 minutes would've been perfect.
    I got all the questions done, but literally JUST. I had to rush my last one too. But then again, I probably wrote too much usless crap in the others. I have a habbit of doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Ms.Forbes

Finical wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly...cept I wanted a B. FFS. :(

Most of what i studied came up!

But i know i got some short questions wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 leavingcert92

haha you're the exact same as me...xD i start off at a nice steady pace..not taking all day.. just really thinkin my answers through making sure they're nice and long...then i look at the clock ad MASSIVE PANIC ATTACK!! and i end up bull sh1tting my way through 3 long quetions in about 20 minutes.... the examiner was like you HAVE to stop writing now.. and i tried writing some more when he wasnt looking..but he saw and sealed the booklet for me.....xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Deffo got B in it maybe scraped an A2 not sure. Happy enough with it. Not enough time. If it was 3.20 hrs long then it would be more do-able!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hughdini

i hate intrapreneurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

why it's so easy

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Short questions were grand, but my time went all out of control after that. :( Got the first bit of the ABQ done and thought, "I'm not going to get this all done by five." So, I went onto the third section and wrote a bunch of rushed crap. Fourth question was mainly composed of short-hand notes and bullet points, a desperate last attempt at getting some marks.

Exact same.

• Advertisement

I thought the test was easy enough at the time, but looking over it I got a lot of stuff wrong. I'd be very happy with a B2 at this stage.
    Can't wait for the exams just to be over :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

JoeyBuddy wrote: »
    For the first time ever, I skipped Q1. The acts looked hard, I wasn't certain of them.

So, I did Q3 instead. Thought it was okay. ;)

I did the exact same, wasn't sure of question one and after writing a bit about it switched to question three. I hadn't even covered the questions in Business but luckily did them in Geography so I got a good bit done on it. Not sure if it was right though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

did so bad in that..! was so annoyed..! did nothin last year for business and got a C1 while this yr did waaaaay more but defo going to go dwn from the C1... :(
    did economic variables instead of international trends but i did an extra questino(also badly) to make up for it!
    im thinking now i dno why i repeated... not going to make a differnce...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 49 The Cool One

I just realised I did the management activities instead of skills :(( god dammit.
    And I remember thinking when I read the question "make sure you don't get the skills and activities mixed up"...and then I started talking about the activities. Oh well.
    I had a Planning written and half of Organising before I realised my mistake, managed to make it up, but I feel for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

theowen wrote: »
    I just realised I answered on management activities rather than skills. Breath breath...it's all good!. Hopeful of B1+

same :( i almost cried when i found out
    guys i got 64 % in my mocks with 6 pages
    come on 24 pages thats a joke

i done 8 today
    2 for the ABQ
    1.5 pages per long Q

by the ways yous go on you then 20 pages for links
    every one i have been chating to has done the more our the same as me

i got 340 points in my mocks and if i get that agan i am happy i only need 300 any way

but when your older you will look back at this with your 30 year old virgins and say what did i do wrong

its only school there must be something wrong with you if you love school

how could you write so little lol. i now offically believe my business teacher hated me and marked me down... i done like 19 pages in mocks and got 54%... it was lower until i showed my teacher she marked things wrong that were right..

hughdini wrote: »
    i hate intrapreneurs

same.. i had a panic attack and was like wtf are these
    then i remembered
    haha you're the exact same as me...xD i start off at a nice steady pace..not taking all day.. just really thinkin my answers through making sure they're nice and long...then i look at the clock ad MASSIVE PANIC ATTACK!! and i end up bull sh1tting my way through 3 long quetions in about 20 minutes.... the examiner was like you HAVE to stop writing now.. and i tried writing some more when he wasnt looking..but he saw and sealed the booklet for me.....xD

that made me laugh.. i was the exact same... i start skipping pages and leaving spaces and just manged to finnish in time

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kylzer911

my mate wrote 30 pages, did 6 long Q's, a personal feat of his haha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Business was a good paper. Short questions were different from different years, ABQ was a good ABQ, Section 1 was tough and Section 2 had some nice questions. Overall happy with the happy with the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

In fairness you shud know which is it when reading the ABQ.

It took 10mim for me to decide which is it. There's little on the management activites Infact she ( Mary Cullen ) only carried out planning.

I knew it as leading communicating and motivatinng, because of the rewards, talking to staffs etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

What a ****ing ****e paper! :mad:
    the ABQ was shocking and nothing great there to relate to the text, the Q1 was nothing like other years and asked for great detail on the most tiny of subjects! only decent question was Q5. The ratio one.
    Then they throw in a question on strategic planning and tactical planning for 20+ marks, which in my textbook has literally 3 lines each on them. Bull ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

JoeyBuddy wrote: »

So, I did Q3 instead. Thought it was okay.

I also skipped question 1 for the first time ever and did question 3. Question 1 was one of those laws I didn't really study that well. Q3 was fine as I did CAP in Geography and I briefly revised the competition policy before the exam.

Advertisement