Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business HL

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

FordieMUFC wrote: »
    What a ****ing ****e paper! :mad:
    the ABQ was shocking and nothing great there to relate to the text, the Q1 was nothing like other years and asked for great detail on the most tiny of subjects! only decent question was Q5. The ratio one.
    Then they throw in a question on strategic planning and tactical planning for 20+ marks, which in my textbook has literally 3 lines each on them. Bull ****.
    Not to mention I think I got them mixed up. Well actually I forget what I put in the exam. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Killio9

any one else think that the ABQ was far too long or something? took me an hour to do! did question 3,5,6,7...was going to try and get question 2 done aswell but only finished others with 5 minutes to go!very surprised to see the EU institutions in the short q's! overall an unusual paper, first time ever didnt do question 1! small claims court and the act on it completely threw me!
    harder than any of the papers in the book of papers thats for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DayTripper

In fairness you shud know which is it when reading the ABQ.

It took 10mim for me to decide which is it. There's little on the management activites Infact she ( Mary Cullen ) only carried out planning.

I knew it as leading communicating and motivatinng, because of the rewards, talking to staffs etc.

Oh holy good fúck.

Just realised what a colossal mistake I made. Read the question completely wrong. Definitely definitely definitely didn't even write about activities or skills. How sad and embarrassing...

No wonder I thought that ABQ gave no information for me to go on... I am now never telling anyone what horsesh*t I wrote down.
    It will forever stay between me and my examiner.

Goodbye 7%... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ginginshine

i messed up bad today i was tottering away at my short questions and before i knew it ... it was half 2 so rushing to rectify my mistake i started my abq, 8 pages later i realised i had messed up again as i only had 1hr 15 mins left to do 4 long questions.,,
    i quickly completed one question completly and i managed to get two more A parts done, but thats it, ive dropped at least 100 marks before they start correcting and at this stage i can only hope that i get an honour, im very dissapointed and if i had only practiced timing i would have known,,.. if only you could use the time that was left over from irish ,,,!!!! :o:(:(:(:(:(
    so over all im beginning
    a test marked 300/400 so 75% and down :( dissapointing

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

i messed up bad today i was tottering away at my short questions and before i knew it ... it was half 2 so rushing to rectify my mistake i started my abq, 8 pages later i realised i had messed up again as i only had 1hr 15 mins left to do 4 long questions.,,
    i quickly completed one question completly and i managed to get two more A parts done, but thats it, ive dropped at least 100 marks before they start correcting and at this stage i can only hope that i get an honour, im very dissapointed and if i had only practiced timing i would have known,,.. if only you could use the time that was left over from irish ,,,!!!! :o:(:(:(:(:(
    so over all im beginning
    a test marked 300/400 so 75% and down :( dissapointing

oh wow... so sorry for you... i was rushed for time as well but got most things done... im hoping to pass at least :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

unknown13 wrote: »
    I also skipped question 1 for the first time ever and did question 3. Question 1 was one of those laws I didn't really study that well. Q3 was fine as I did CAP in Geography and I briefly revised the competition policy before the exam.

Yeah, I think I did okay in Q3.
    Just wrote 2 points each on the CFP and Competition Policy.

And for the changing economy thing I wrote about Technology, deregulation, new markets and something else.
    It wasn't my strongest question, but it was fairly good.

The ratios question was the best. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maybebabiee

Yeah omg that business test was soo unfair!!! was horrible!!! normally im A or B student but the long questions were very tricky..! Short questions were simple and ABQ was quite different but overall wasnt so happy..
    Was defo the hardest business exam out of all the years :(
    Apparently though they'll mark it easier.. Heard it on the radio last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doodle53

Yeah omg that business test was soo unfair!!! was horrible!!! normally im A or B student but the long questions were very tricky..! Short questions were simple and ABQ was quite different but overall wasnt so happy..
    Was defo the hardest business exam out of all the years :(
    Apparently though they'll mark it easier.. Heard it on the radio last night

Oh really?I sure hope so.Thought it was a terrible paper

• Registered Users Posts: 28 c0nor

FordieMUFC wrote: »
    What a ****ing ****e paper! :mad:
    the ABQ was shocking and nothing great there to relate to the text, the Q1 was nothing like other years and asked for great detail on the most tiny of subjects! only decent question was Q5. The ratio one.
    Then they throw in a question on strategic planning and tactical planning for 20+ marks, which in my textbook has literally 3 lines each on them. Bull ****.

exactly how i feel as well :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 TurkishNeon

I am hoping I didn't drop too many marks in that exam.
    I wanted an A1 and there still is a glimmer of hope there for me.
    I think it is utterly ridiculous that people are writing 20+ pages, They do not like BS and waffle, you need to be really direct and state and explain. I thought the long questions and short questions were ok.
    The ABQ was hard, the technology question was kind of bull**** from me, that was my worst question on the exam, holding out for an A1 though, won't be disappointed as long as I don't get below a B2.
    OH for the technology question do you think 5 points would be enough? Looking at the past exam questions they have never asked for more than 5 in the marking scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I thought the abq was easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

In fairness you shud know which is it when reading the ABQ.

It took 10mim for me to decide which is it. There's little on the management activites Infact she ( Mary Cullen ) only carried out planning.

I knew it as leading communicating and motivatinng, because of the rewards, talking to staffs etc.

Dude, you could have linked in decision making, time management, risk management and human relations too.

I thought it was pretty good. I definitely made a few little mix ups here and ran out of time so I missed out on at least 20 marks, plus mistakes etc. I'll be lucky with a B1 I'd say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dara92cove

does anyone have the ans 4 the short questions????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

Well only from what I said i can give you...
    http://examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2010/LC033ALP000EV.pdf

Q1. an indigenous firm is one which is set up, produces good locally using locally produced products while selling on the home market and abroad.
    (A) don't repatriate their profits like TNC's
    (B) local suppliers and maufacturers earn profit due to ind.firms buying materials from them, not imprting them

Q2. A prototype is a working example of a product/service. Protoype development is the process of making this working example.
    Test marketing is when a firm allows for a prototype to be allowed out on the market so as to get consumer reaction (something like that i said)

Q3. Exchange rate is the value that one currency has in comparison to other currencies.

i bollocked up this part i read it as if the euro was decreasing in value so uk would be less interested in importing irish goods. :( only realised it now as i went over it :(

Q4. DIDN'T DO

Q5. articles of assoc is a document prepared by a private ltd company which outlines how a company relates to itself internally.
    a. elected board of directors
    b. no. of shares issues
    c. nature of the business (thats memo of though, so i got it wrong)

Q6. BEP in units and euros = €40,000 + 4000 units
    PAFC = 30,000
    MOS = 6000 (10,000-4000)

Q7. II = have to benefit from the existence of thing being insured financially
    Indemnity = can't make a profit on insurance e.g. over insurance or average clause.

Q.8 DIDN'T DO

Q9. a. worker misconduct
    b. incapable of doing the job
    c. not having necessary qualifications

Q10. (A) answer = can't remember
    (B) 1. = single persons tax credit
    2. married persons tax credit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

What did people get for question 2 (A) and (C)

(A) Illustrate the characteristics of an environmentally conscious business.

(C) Discuss the different ways in which the Irish Government affects the labour force
    in Ireland.

I answered this but the answers I gave were pretty spoofy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

doing such an analysis of the business paper now... thought it was better then last year then again i did NOTHING last yr & somehow managed to pull of a C1 ... :eek: but still think i went down from that grade...

Advertisement