Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anything I can do?

Options
  • 15-06-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

I rented out my house through an Agency for a year, after nine months the Agency discovered that electrical installation did not meet the current standards and so they terminated the lease. They had received 100 euro a month from the tenancy and as the the lease was terminated, I was charged for an additional 4 months even though there was only three remaning. I know the tenancy was registered with the PTRB, is there any chance I could get my money back? Does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dude240502 wrote: »
    I rented out my house through an Agency for a year, after nine months the Agency discovered that electrical installation did not meet the current standards and so they terminated the lease. They had received 100 euro a month from the tenancy and as the the lease was terminated, I was charged for an additional 4 months even though there was only three remaning. I know the tenancy was registered with the PTRB, is there any chance I could get my money back? Does anyone know?
    As they terminated it, I'd hope so. Check with PTRB, and see what they say. Also, check how "the electrical installation did not meet the current standards", to ensure it wasn't a cop out on their part.(ie: tenant left, and they couldn't get anyone else in).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

hmmmm sounds very suspect indeed.
    why would they wait 9 months to assess the electrics against their standards..
    seems like a sly maneuver alright!

Advertisement