Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIOLOGY LC 2010 EXPERIMENTS!

• 15-06-2010 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Any predictions at all? for anything to with biology would be great!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 flemingniamh

Protein synthesis,kidney,maybe immunity,heart experiment,lymphatic system?
    By the way unit 1 unit 2 n all da experiments covers 80% of bio course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

unit 1 unit 2 n all da experiments covers 80% of bio course

And 99% of my studying....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irondragons

How many marks do we get for completing our experiments, can anyone remind me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Questions are worth 30 marks each, so 60 marks.

Questions are worth 30 marks each, so 60 marks.

Wait. I was told we get like 20% for finishing our practical work, is this wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭johndoe91

Wait. I was told we get like 20% for finishing our practical work, is this wrong?

SOrry no marks at all for practicals, not like geography!

johndoe91 wrote: »
    SOrry no marks at all for practicals, not like geography!

rage of a thousand suns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 roll on summer 10!

Favourites for experiments are the DNA experiment and dissecting a heart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Titan9

i heard viruses because when the papers were set it was around the time of the h1n1 virus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Favourites for experiments are the DNA experiment and dissecting a heart!

Ah feck, we weren't allowed do that one because of swine flu. Had to just go over it in the book so don't fully understand it. :( It wouldn't surprise me if we got something on viruses because of the swine flu, id say its pretty likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

At this stage, predictions seem almost pointless.

Is it just me, or are ALL the exams throwing curveballs at us?
    English had some unexpected stuff, Maths P1 turned out to be difficult, and Business today was odd.
    I'd throw all predictions out the window at this stage. Anything can come up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Im confused about the heart dissection one... I left my expermient book in school so i cant look it up -.- what can they ask you on it?

i hope that the osmosis one comes up, and dna seperation, and leaf yeast... ive just learned all my ecology definitions and my nephron and kidney diagram, so im gettin there slowly but surely!!

Can someone explain niche to me?I have "the way in which an organism contributes to an environment" does this mean as in an animal is eaten and is therefore contributing, or as in insects fertilising plants?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Niche - the functional role of an organism in its environment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

rage of a thousand suns

I thought the same up till about 3 weeks ago :o Although for me it was a relief more than anything lol
    I don't really like predictions and such but my teacher said ecology and genetics are bankers...

Ecology and genetics always come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

as does human reproduction and food

Human Reproduction wasn't up last year so it's probably a sure thing this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

yeah and apparently the male!

im praying its an ok paper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Ecology and genetics always come up.

Just after checking my exam papers... that's probably what my teacher actually said and I wasn't listening. Oh well :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

lucybrown wrote: »
    yeah and apparently the male!

im praying its an ok paper...

Stop the lights. Its the only exam that I'm not comfortable going into. I could easily fail it too. I really do hope its a lovely paper.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭JamesJB

I'm thinking... Human Reproduction
    Heart Dissection OR Pulse/Breathing rate
    Leaf Yeast

short questions...always same really, know the first 2 units and some detail of the third and you can't go wrong. If it's anything like my mock, I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Ecology experiments lads... Are there any? And if so do they come up in section B or as part of an ecology long question?

I know the capture/recapture method, percentage cover and percentage frequency of plants, is that it or are there more?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Ecology experiments lads... Are there any? And if so do they come up in section B or as part of an ecology long question?

I know the capture/recapture method, percentage cover and percentage frequency of plants, is that it or are there more?

Thanks

Could be asked to draw / label apparatus you used - pooter , pitfall trap , tullgren....

Its one of the only things that has'nt come up since the new course.. my teacher told us to make sure we know them alL!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Ok so the ones i've got plus being able to draw some of the stuff used, sin é?

Advertisement