Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monkey mystery in Taur, Newmarket.

Options
  • 15-06-2010 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

This was during broad daylight last week on either the 8th or 9th of June.
    This was witnessed by 4 people all working for the Cork County Council including my father who was driving the truck.
    The incident took place around Glasheenargid, about a mile and half up the road from the old Taur school, 800 yards below where chips are dumped on the side of the road.
    My dad who was driving the truck stopped when he saw an animal walk on four legs across the road. When he stopped, the lads in the back of the truck got off the back and saw the same animal. The animal got up on its hind legs and stood up right. It could clearly be seen as a Monkey, he described it as mostly black with white.
    I'm going to go through pictures of monkeys with him tonight and see what closely matches the one he saw.
    The monkey after 15 seconds walked across the road into the bush.
    When he stood up,he was around my fathers knee that he could estimate, 2.5 foot, mostly black body with white, skinny looking.
    Everyone on the truck saw this and recognised it as a monkey, so if anyone reads this and is around the area and knows anyone, ask them did they see anything out of the ordinary.

Don't know why anyone didn't report this on the truck as I only heard about it today, so hopefully its not too late.
    I'll get back with more information and maybe a match up, this could be a case of some irresponsible owners dumping exotic animals like this in the countryside which makes it even sadder.

This is not a made up story, PM me if you want further details or if anyone has further information. Spread the word please. I'll update if any further information

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Are you sure it wasnt ginger corbett:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Sneakee

lol....I'm pretty sure :P

Prob going to see more of these things happening with the recession biting more and more, def was a bizarre sight for the lads.

Advertisement